need desperate help H100i

Zet

so everything have been working fine up until today,

we had some poweroutages ( not so unusual this time of year ) and when i went to boot it up i was greeted by a BSOD so i went into bios and saw temp was around 80 and i figure that cant be right so i reset  to default in bios and it booted up i checked realtemp and everything was fine,

but then a few hours later same thing happen and now i cant even get into windows,

also the LED that always been glowing white is red all of the sudden,

i've tried pretty much all i can think of, doublecheck  all connectors making sure they're connected properly, all fans are spinning

Sounds like the pump died. With no water flow the temps will go high.

When it reaches an to high temp the LED on the CPU cooler (which is also your pump) Will be red yes :( 

Try and check if you can hear the pump.

Just now, Dujith said:

Sounds like the pump died. With no water flow the temps will go high.

When it reaches an to high temp the LED on the CPU cooler (which is also your pump) Will be red yes :( 

Try and check if you can hear the pump.

i dont even know how it sounds + theres so much other noise so i doubt i could hear even if i knew what to look for

9 minutes ago, Zet said:

we had some poweroutages ( not so unusual this time of year ) and when i went to boot it up i was greeted by a BSOD so i went into bios and saw temp was around 80 and i figure that cant be right so i reset  to default in bios and it booted up i checked realtemp and everything was fine,

but then a few hours later same thing happen and now i cant even get into windows,

i've tried pretty much all i can think of, doublecheck  all connectors making sure they're connected properly, all fans are spinning

Try not boot up your PC that many times too, if it doesn't having any cooling due to a dead cooler, you could kill your CPU

1 minute ago, Zet said:

i dont even know how it sounds + theres so much other noise so i doubt i could hear even if i knew what to look for

If you have a long screwdriver you can isolate the sound by holding the tip against the block and the other end against your ear.

You should hear a very audible humming/pumping sound.  

17 minutes ago, Zet said:

try a different fan header. maybe the header fried out in the power outage 

2 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Wouldn't that mean the motherboard is also dead?

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

13 minutes ago, For Science! said:

so i switched place with a fan that i know was working that one still went to work as soon as i ower on so i just instantly

shut it off, so i guess pump must be dead

11 minutes ago, Zet said:

so i switched place with a fan that i know was working that one still went to work as soon as i ower on so i just instantly

shut it off, so i guess pump must be dead

guess so :S RIP 

perhaps a UPS can be a consideration. if these things are a frequent occudance.

Just now, For Science! said:

guess so :S RIP 

perhaps a UPS can be a consideration. if these things are a frequent occudance.

well never heard of anyones stuffs being damaged from a random poweroutage, the cooler is i believe almost 4 years so warranty should still be there according to corsair website hydro series have 5 year warranty,

2 hours ago, Zet said:

well never heard of anyones stuffs being damaged from a random poweroutage, the cooler is i believe almost 4 years so warranty should still be there according to corsair website hydro series have 5 year warranty,

Its not so much the power outage killing stuff. Its the return of power that will do that most of the times :D

That and moving components tend to die when shut off and restarted. Not so much when they are on.

The UPS will be a 2-fold protection: 1. It allows the computer to shutoff in a normal way. 2. A good UPS will also filter and stop high inrush currents/voltages.