Last of Us...good for a gamer that's not a fan of stealth?

Hey, I admit it, my game backlog of games I want to play is rather old.  I still have PS2 games shrink-wrapped...but I got The Last of Us remastered on PS4 through PS+ for free.  First 30 minutes made me bawl my eyes out.  I've played maybe two hours.  Story's pretty good.

But I'm not a fan of stealth games.  Assassin's Creed, Hitman, Metal Gear Solid...not my cup of tea.  Closest thing to stealth I like is the Sniper Elite series of games.

Is The Last of Us worth pushing through for the story, even if I'm not a fan of the stealth?  Does the stealth mechanic get used more or does it stay about the same through the game?

1 hour ago, Technicolors said:

the game encourages stealth. but I think it won't be as needed if you play at easier difficulties. 

There is a difficulty where the clickers won't rape you if you don't play stealthily? 

10 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

Hey, I admit it, my game backlog of games I want to play is rather old.  I still have PS2 games shrink-wrapped...but I got The Last of Us remastered on PS4 through PS+ for free.  First 30 minutes made me bawl my eyes out.  I've played maybe two hours.  Story's pretty good.

But I'm not a fan of stealth games.  Assassin's Creed, Hitman, Metal Gear Solid...not my cup of tea.  Closest thing to stealth I like is the Sniper Elite series of games.

Is The Last of Us worth pushing through for the story, even if I'm not a fan of the stealth?  Does the stealth mechanic get used more or does it stay about the same through the game?

Stealth gets used a lot more going forward. Why are you asking us about it if you already have the game though? Just play it and if you don't like it you have your answer.

11 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

No, stealth is absolutely necessary in some/many parts of the game.

Especially with those Clickers around...

Thats one of the reasons I've dropped it...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

If you think AC or MGS has too much stealth, then I don't think TLoU is for you. I feel like I'm more stealthy in TLoU than those other two, even on the easiest difficulty. You're pretty much dead if you're spotted before stealth killing of like say 75% of the enemies in the area first. Unlike AC or MGS, you don't really have much options when spotted. There is survival horror aspects of having very limited supplies. You can't acrobat away to hide like in AC or have the weaponry of MGS. You're just screwed if you get caught by a pack of zombies.

You can just put it on easy difficulty and play through for the story with minimal stealthing.  Its without a doubt my favorite game/story of all time.  You can shoot or go hand to hand combat with most of the enemies on easy with the exception of clickers, but even then with the abundance of resources on easy you can afford to shiv every single one of them.