remove pre-applied thermal paste?

Ayala

on the corsair h100i, if i want to use my own thermal paste, do i have to remove the thermal paste already on it? it’s the grey circle on the cooling block right? 

Yeah.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

yes if you want to add you own, you have to remove the pre-applied stuff...

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 minute ago, Tsuki said:

yes if you want to add you own, you have to remove the pre-applied stuff...

do i just scrape it off?

1 minute ago, Ayala said:

do i just scrape it off?

yep.

use a tissue, toilet paper, towel, t-shirt, tongue, whatever, and maybe a little alchohol.   rub until its clean and shiny

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

With what ever you use to wipe it off ideally you'll want to use something that is lint free and will not leave anything behind on the cooler. 

Use Isopropyl Alcohol and something like a coffee filter like mentioned above.