how do i get the most MH/s out of my vega?..with out bios flash

whats the best way to crank my vega56 hashrate to the most I can. without having to flash a v64 bios.. it can clock to 1650mhz all day long at 1150mv stage 7. i used to mine doge coin back in 2014 and have made quite a bit off it. but now i wanna do ether. or what ever the best coin to mine is for my card. id like to use something gui based if it exist. if not maybe a link on  how to for a script for it. im willing to overclock/undervolt my card as far as stock bios will allow.  or switch to mining based custom drivers if they exist.

-moved to mining subforum-

If you want the most performance, you will want to get your clockspeeds up as much as you can, which oddly enough with vega probably means undervolting so it doesn't power throttle.

However, if you want the best mining experience, what you really want is just to maximize performance per watt, even if total performance is actually a bit lower.  Interestingly, in this case, the procedure might be one and the same.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

-moved to mining subforum-

If you want the most performance, you will want to get your clockspeeds up as much as you can, which oddly enough with vega probably means undervolting so it doesn't power throttle.

However, if you want the best mining experience, what you really want is just to maximize performance per watt, even if total performance is actually a bit lower.  Interestingly, in this case, the procedure might be one and the same.

do you know of any how to s or youtube vids that are vega specific? for mining.. i got overclocking/undervolting down for gaming.

1 minute ago, Holyghost23 said:

do you know of any how to s or youtube vids that are vega specific? for mining.. i got overclocking/undervolting down for gaming.

I do not know for mining specific, sorry.  But if you know the general procedure, all you'd need to make the leap would be to learn what the optimum setup is (if different) and then work your way there yourself :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I do not know for mining specific, sorry.  But if you know the general procedure, all you'd need to make the leap would be to learn what the optimum setup is (if different) and then work your way there yourself :)

you guys could make one for both brands of cards.?. maybe.. if your mining thing works out.

1.Overclock your memory clock speed not the core clock speed it would give you more Hashrate

2.Undevolt to preserve power and gain better thermals

3.Bios flashing is not that hard to be honest,yes you will risk bricking your gpu or damage it if you dont know what you are doing but you can always re-flash it back if you have anoher gpu or iGPU.

Basically what it did is usually modifying the memory timings.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

9 minutes ago, Holyghost23 said:

you guys could make one for both brands of cards.?. maybe.. if your mining thing works out.

I'm not sure where they're at with that.  Nicehash thing might have affected them :/

2 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

1.Overclock your memory clock speed not the core clock speed it would give you more Hashrate

2.Undevolt to preserve power and gain better thermals

3.Bios flashing is not that hard to be honest,yes you will risk bricking your gpu or damage it if you dont know what you are doing but you can always re-flash it back if you have anoher gpu or iGPU.

Basically what it did is usually modifying the memory timings.

my memory can clock to 955mhz and not further. no matter voltage.  my card has a bios switch. so if i flash the bios and it bircks could i just flip the switch to stock bios.. but my question would be how do i re flash the bricked bios if im booting with the other one?

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'm not sure where they're at with that.  Nicehash thing might have affected them :/

??? you would think they would use a better password.

11 minutes ago, Holyghost23 said:

my memory can clock to 955mhz and not further. no matter voltage.  my card has a bios switch. so if i flash the bios and it bircks could i just flip the switch to stock bios.. but my question would be how do i re flash the bricked bios if im booting with the other one?

I never had any BIOS switch on my GPU nor that i have any experience with it so i cant answer that question.

But perhaps all u had to do is switch to the bricked BIOS and use iGPU then re-flash it.

3 minutes ago, Holyghost23 said:

also what is the most profitable coin to mine on vega right now?

Probably Ethereum or monero just do some quick googling and u'll find it

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 hour ago, Holyghost23 said:

whats the best way to crank my vega56 hashrate to the most I can. without having to flash a v64 bios.. it can clock to 1650mhz all day long at 1150mv stage 7. i used to mine doge coin back in 2014 and have made quite a bit off it. but now i wanna do ether. or what ever the best coin to mine is for my card. id like to use something gui based if it exist. if not maybe a link on  how to for a script for it. im willing to overclock/undervolt my card as far as stock bios will allow.  or switch to mining based custom drivers if they exist.

The single biggest hash rate increase for me was downloading the AMD blockchain drivers.  Bios flashing only raised my hashrate by 1 or 2. I tried six or seven different configurations - it was really frustrating. Once I downloaded the blockchain drivers I went from 24 MH/s to 29-30 range. I’m running xfx rx 580s w 8 gb vram

Also, as has been stated, boost the mem clock. What others have told me is ether also likes a higher core clock as well, that has been my personal experience. 

4 minutes ago, w8kdrifter said:

The single biggest hash rate increase for me was downloading the AMD blockchain drivers.  Bios flashing only raised my hashrate by 1 or 2. I tried six or seven different configurations - it was really frustrating. Once I downloaded the blockchain drivers I went from 24 MH/s to 29-30 range. 

Also, as has been stated, boost the mem clock. What others have told me is ether also likes a higher core clock as well, that has been my personal experience. 

is there a gui program for monero or ether? and do the blockchain drivers have fan control so i can go to 4900rpm?..if not im going to get a water block.

9 minutes ago, Holyghost23 said:

is there a gui program for monero or ether? and do the blockchain drivers have fan control so i can go to 4900rpm?..if not im going to get a water block.

Not sure on the gui. 

AMD has a program where you can control fan speed and temp, yes. Not sure if it works with Vega but would be surprised if it didn’t. It has kept my temps around 56-62c, about 60-80% fan speed (2800 rpm), depending how many rpm I have my case fans going.  When I have my case fans cranked up it seems to flush the hot air out from between my cards and allows GPU fans to run at a lower RPM and keep temps cool. 

ABEAC787-39B0-4A4C-B998-173DBA60DEE6.jpeg

DECA8F04-5E8F-4D74-B04B-4FB79C5B0B52.jpeg

D4D3CD5C-7C53-4F90-91BC-293E1788AD67.jpeg

2 minutes ago, w8kdrifter said:

Not sure on the gui. 

AMD has a program where you can control fan speed and temp, yes. Not sure if it works with Vega but would be surprised if it didn’t. It has kept my temps around 56-62c, about 60-80% fan speed (2800 rpm), depending how many rpm I have my case fans going.  When I have my case fans cranked up it seems to flush the hot air out from between my cards and allows GPU fans to run at a lower RPM and keep temps cool. 

ABEAC787-39B0-4A4C-B998-173DBA60DEE6.jpeg

DECA8F04-5E8F-4D74-B04B-4FB79C5B0B52.jpeg

D4D3CD5C-7C53-4F90-91BC-293E1788AD67.jpeg

is that the blockchain driver or the regular one? cause i know wattman pretty well. i have my vega 56 able to run 1650 to 1700mhz all day at 60C on most games.. thats with a bottleneck 9370 cpu.

2 minutes ago, Holyghost23 said:

is that the blockchain driver or the regular one? cause i know wattman pretty well. i have my vega 56 able to run 1650 to 1700mhz all day at 60C on most games.. thats with a bottleneck 9370 cpu.

That is the block chain driver 

3 minutes ago, w8kdrifter said:

That is the block chain driver 

thanks for the info. i hope that it can drive the reference fan as hard.
now to find some kind of gui for monero and ether. then make a wallet on my computer... how much hard drive space does a wallet take up over time? are the hash keys very large?

21 minutes ago, Holyghost23 said:

thanks for the info. i hope that it can drive the reference fan as hard.
now to find some kind of gui for monero and ether. then make a wallet on my computer... how much hard drive space does a wallet take up over time? are the hash keys very large?

My entire Eth folder is 207 MB. I've been mining about 3 weeks. Not sure what will happen to the storage. Time will tell :)