Graphics Card causing my PC not to Turn On?

Jerochy

So the same thing happened to me i just got a zotac GTX 1050ti 4GB oc edition so it didn't came with a 6 pin conector soldered but the box had a new 6 pin conector inside so i soldered it intob the GPU but in the upper middle pin broke but i didn't think much of it because it ran without the 6 pin just fine so i plugged it in plugged the 6 pin and boom nothing turned on but when i unplugged the 6 pin and turned my pc on then all the fans in my pc started to spin in full speed but no display no bios no booting no nothing this happens every time im trying to turn my pc on

• 4 months later...

I have an Asus Dual Gtx 1060 6GB card.  It was 4 years old and the pc powered down on me.  Wouldn't power on after that.  I went throug the same procedure of deduction unpluging one device at a time until i found when only my gpu was unplugged it would power up just fine.

I swapped power supplies and it had no change.  I put the bad gpu in my other working pc and same problem.  Got a new gpu and solved the problem.  My pc powered down when the power went out durring hurricane Sally a coulpe years ago.  Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

i bought a evga gtx 970 from ebay 2 months ago, it was fresh, in the box, and stickers. well it's my first gaming pc and i was happy with it, i was playing GTA 5 and everything is good then my pc just shud down suddenly, i thought the problem is that pc is no longer dilvering enough power but when i unplugged the gpu, pc starts booting when i plug it again it dosen't, well reading all those comments i feel bad and ik what i should do 

• 1 year later...

Facing the exact same issue, I was upscaling a video then the PC turned off, usually it'll turn on automatically but it never did, my first instinct is to check on the GPU since rendering uses the GPU and it's very hot when I touched it minutes after it shut down, I unplugged the psu cable and my PC turns on normally using the integrated graphics I guess my GPU really is dead according to this thread 😟

• 2 months later...

I think I've just witnessed passing of GPU first time in my life.

Last night, I was playing games on my old but trusty EVGA 1080, suddenly computer turned it self off and restarted, as if power went out for sec.

Loaded the game again, played for about 2 minutes before computer restarted again... temp looked normal, swapped PSU, but still computer rebooted after 2min...

and finally, after fiddling around for bit computer wouldn't even turn on.
when I press the power button, I see PSU fan move tiny bit but no power.

pulled 1080 out and put 970 in for testing and everything works fine now...

looks like 1080 has passed away in front of my very eyes... rip....

This thread really needs to die.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset