Fresh install of Windows 10 removed HP Recovery Manager - Have I messed up?

Zyre

Greetings,

Today my HP Pavilion 15-CK093ND arrived.  I really like the laptop, but was annoyed at the amount of stuff coming pre installed. 

I used the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft to download the latest Windows 10 Home x64 build so I should have a fresh Windows for school. 

I went into the setup and removed the Windows partition. The only thing I didn't touch was the Windows RE Tools partition, RECOVERY and the DATA.

I suggessfully installed it, but the problem I have right now is that I can't use recovery. I don't have a RECOVERY MANAGER option when I go into F11. 

I sadly didn't do a full back up to a usb or disk because people told me I would be fine as long as I kept the RE partition, RECOVERY intact.

Am I looking something over, or have I ...messed up. Let's say I have indeed messed up, would buying the Recovery Kit for my laptop give me the ability to restory all the partition on the laptop, or is the Recovery kit only for drivers.

Pretty bumped this happened because I really like the laptop. Hope the forum can help me.

When I clean installed on my XPS13 I deleted all the partitions, including the recovery stuff.

If you know how to install windows you don't need any of that anyway, that's just for the repair center to use if windows screws up.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

When I clean installed on my XPS13 I deleted all the partitions, including the recovery stuff.

If you know how to install windows you don't need any of that anyway, that's just for the repair center to use if windows screws up.

Oh yes installing Windows isn't a issue, but I asked the online store I bought it from, and they messaged me if I where to return it, it would need to have the original software on it. But the original software right now is...gone and I'm kinda nervous that I killed my warranty.

1 minute ago, Zyre said:

Oh yes installing Windows isn't a issue, but I asked the online store I bought it from, and they messaged me if I where to return it, it would need to have the original software on it. But the original software right now is...gone and I'm kinda nervous that I killed my warranty.

I'm not sure it's legal for them to deny a hardware warranty on the grounds of you changing the software.  I mean, what exactly constitutes changing it anyway?  Are you not allowed to update anything?  Or install new apps?  You should be fine.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, Zyre said:

You should never return your laptop to the store, you return it to the manufacturer.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

You should never return your laptop to the store, you return it to the manufacturer.

It's return to back to store within a specific time say for a exchange to something else or return. Return to manufacture is when the bring back to store period ends.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I would have to agree with the above. Shouldn't effect the manufacture warrantee.

And yeah those are the first partitions to go when I refresh anyone's prebuilt system... Useless waste of disc space for anyone with half a brain and an OS installer...

My suggestion is reinstall windows and format all partitions

you don't need them

basicly Recovery software is Win installer but with bloatware.