User said he "compromised my Windows"?

RefresherMan

Basically, I got into a heated argument over someone in IRC. The guy said he compromised my windows, and if I don't stop, he'll come to my house (he actually posted the correct address) and "tell my mom".

I am kind of worried because I don't have any open ports however, he did know my exact address. Which I guess he got it from the IRC login details.

However, I did log into my xfinity page, and it shows:

8fb25e33647b8ba8d3b2451155c762f1.png

Does this mean he basically tried to ddos/dos my IP? As my internet was down for quite a bit yesterday.

In any event, I logged off IRC and will not go back to that channel ever again. I believe he took it way too far, and I am to blame as well because I argued with him  and took it far too. 

However, I am not sure if my windows has been actually "compromised" is there any other ways to check to make sure? Thank you

Malwarebytes and check your firewall rules for open ports (maybe use netstat too) that could be possible backdoors. If nothing shows in either of those, then, unless that IRC channel was one of professional hackers, I doubt he has infected your machine.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

I doubt he'll actually come to your house. If he does, thats what the police are for :P  

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

Gotta love scriptkiddies

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1f3b00fe52be07abde4f663175becc17.png

@LtStaffel Looks like everything is closed down, are there any other ports to check? I downloaded malwarebytes and it found no threats :)

3 hours ago, RefresherMan said:

1f3b00fe52be07abde4f663175becc17.png

@LtStaffel Looks like everything is closed down, are there any other ports to check? I downloaded malwarebytes and it found no threats :)

I meant through Windows firewall. You're looking for ports a backdoor might talk out of or listen on.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

30 minutes ago, LtStaffel said:

I meant through Windows firewall. You're looking for ports a backdoor might talk out of or listen on.

Hmm. What do you mean a backdoor? Like an application that I had installed, that wants to talk in/out? Seems like all my ports for my ip are closed (unavailable from outside world), so I'm trying to find how he could "compromise" my system, if you will.

I have a screenshot of what his message said, I can pm you it if you need

Now my first thought was :"hm why does someone get aggressive and mean and throws threats" there must be a reason... 

Then depending on who you mess with, there are ways to tell where you live due using the information from your IRC login. If the tools at hand and knowledge and access options, getting the IP from where you are coming from, then if able getting the providers information to which customer the IP is handed out right now. 

A little google fu and your home address is plain at hand.

So my first advise, be nice online, don't piss people off... 

If you at chance run across a not so nice person, that without your fault gets aggressive towards you and wants to hack you... invite him in and hand him your ip address 127.0.0.1 and let him run all his tools against that.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

15 hours ago, RefresherMan said:

Hmm. What do you mean a backdoor? Like an application that I had installed, that wants to talk in/out? Seems like all my ports for my ip are closed (unavailable from outside world), so I'm trying to find how he could "compromise" my system, if you will.

I have a screenshot of what his message said, I can pm you it if you need

No, not an application you installed. A backdoor is a program an attacker uses to repeatedly enter an infected system to do whatever...

I said to look in the Windows Defender Firewall rules for open ports, not whatever that is that you have a screenshot of above.

10 hours ago, Anghammarad said:

Now my first thought was :"hm why does someone get aggressive and mean and throws threats" there must be a reason... 

Then depending on who you mess with, there are ways to tell where you live due using the information from your IRC login. If the tools at hand and knowledge and access options, getting the IP from where you are coming from, then if able getting the providers information to which customer the IP is handed out right now. 

A little google fu and your home address is plain at hand.

So my first advise, be nice online, don't piss people off... 

If you at chance run across a not so nice person, that without your fault gets aggressive towards you and wants to hack you... invite him in and hand him your ip address 127.0.0.1 and let him run all his tools against that.

IP/physical addresses are readily available, yes, that is common knowledge and not hard to get even without IRC and "tools" or "google fu". You can get it with "Noogler" levels of knowledge.

If someone is using tools however, then they will probably be aware that 127.0.0.1 is themselves... which contradicts what you said about not ticking people off.

Spoiler

12 hours ago, LtStaffel said:

No, not an application you installed. A backdoor is a program an attacker uses to repeatedly enter an infected system to do whatever...

I said to look in the Windows Defender Firewall rules for open ports, not whatever that is that you have a screenshot of above.

IP/physical addresses are readily available, yes, that is common knowledge and not hard to get even without IRC and "tools" or "google fu". You can get it with "Noogler" levels of knowledge.

If someone is using tools however, then they will probably be aware that 127.0.0.1 is themselves... which contradicts what you said about not ticking people off.

Thank you :)

Just checked Windows Defender, has all ports are closed