Need a good monitor for this build

TinyBolts

I need a 1080p monitor for this build, I pick 1080 ti because I need it to last 3-4 years. Here's the list link:

1a.lt/order/shopping_cart?content=HcbBAQAwBAPAlYgo2v33Ku51GiDl6oPQnJPKsOyYZPlGnYebgNTEoPDOBw%3D%3D

11 minutes ago, TinyBolts said:

I need a 1080p monitor for this build, I pick 1080 ti because I need it to last 3-4 years. Here's the list link:

1a.lt/order/shopping_cart?content=HcbBAQAwBAPAlYgo2v33Ku51GiDl6oPQnJPKsOyYZPlGnYebgNTEoPDOBw%3D%3D

Get a 1440p 144hz or 4k moniter if you are going to get a 1080 ti

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

5 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

Get a 1440p 144hz or 4k moniter if you are going to get a 1080 ti

Read my first fkin post....

Just now, TinyBolts said:

I understand, calm down, but there is no point in getting a 1080 ti for 1080p, it is overkill. You should at least get a 1440p moniter, preferably with a high refresh rate, or better, a 4k monitor

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

3 minutes ago, TinyBolts said:

sorry if i seem mad :(

Just now, Thermosman said:

I understand, calm down, but there is no point in getting a 1080 ti for 1080p, it is overkill. You should at least get a 1440p moniter, preferably with a high refresh rate, or better, a 4k monitor

I need a 1080p, because right now some games like ghost recon can only do ultra with 1080 ti, so I also want it to last 3-4 years. They will be making more and more graphically intensive games.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

6 minutes ago, TinyBolts said:

I need a 1080p, because right now some games like ghost recon can only do ultra with 1080 ti, so I also want it to last 3-4 years. They will be making more and more graphically intensive games.

Whats your budget? If you get a 4k moniter you can always downscale to 1080p but experience some games in 4k

Just now, Thermosman said:

Whats your budget? If you get a 4k moniter you can always downscale to 1080p but experience some games in 4k

100-250, I need 1080p, I dont need 4k, just find a 1080p one

well...you didn't said anything about panel preference or aspect.

IMO just search one that is 1080p and could go over 60hz (totally worth it IMO)

Tried on the website but don't know the language :))

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

2 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

well...you didn't said anything about panel preference or aspect.

IMO just search one that is 1080p and could go over 60hz (totally worth it IMO)

Tried on the website but don't know the language :))

you could just find somewhere else, tell me the name or find it urself on the website. I was thinking of going with a predator one, but i think they cost a lot and the red on them wouldn't match the orange themed pc.

Any of these on stock (or if not discontinued)

monitor.JPG

2 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

Any of these on stock (or if not discontinued)

monitor.JPG

5ms and 7 ms, damn, thats not gaming if i say so myself :/.

1 minute ago, TinyBolts said:

5ms and 7 ms, damn, thats not gaming if i say so myself :/.

What did you expect for an IPS or AHVA or anything else that's not a TN panel.

My £680 PG279Q is an 144Hz IPS that still has 4ms. So don't expect miracles.

5ms still good if not competitive gaming. If competitive gaming (make a living out of it) go for TN and don't complain.

Just now, r3loAded said:

What did you expect for an IPS or AHVA or anything else that's not a TN panel.

My £680 PG279Q is an 144Hz IPS that still has 4ms. So don't expect miracles.

5ms still good if not competitive gaming. If competitive gaming (make a living out of it) go for TN and don't complain.

yh, first I was looking at this, if you know, is the screen any good? 75 hz is probably enough and 1ms is noice. https://www.1a.lt/kompiuterine_technika_biuro_prekes/personaliniai_kompiuteriai_monitoriai_ir_ups/led_monitoriai/aoc_g2260vwq6

1 minute ago, TinyBolts said:

yh, first I was looking at this, if you know, is the screen any good? 75 hz is probably enough and 1ms is noice. https://www.1a.lt/kompiuterine_technika_biuro_prekes/personaliniai_kompiuteriai_monitoriai_ir_ups/led_monitoriai/aoc_g2260vwq6

not sure. not the best person to ask. check for reviews if any. for the price, looks good to me, even though I cannot go lower than 24" (27" now)

Just now, r3loAded said:

not sure. not the best person to ask. check for reviews if any. for the price, looks good to me, even though I cannot go lower than 24" (27" now)

kk

If you're going for a 1080p screen with a GTX1080 ti you should definitely get a 144hz one.

I totally understand why you still want the 1080 ti when only going with a 1080p screen, as you say to run ultra in some games it's still needed now, let alone in the future but you may as well enjoy the highest refresh rates as the card will definitely push a lot more than 75hz even in ultra.