Can my pre built hold a gpu?

Go to solution Solved by ono,
12 minutes ago, crainingaming said:

Do you know any other GPU's that may be able to run on this?

EVGA doesn't seem to recommend anything below 300W for any of their products, including the above 1030. The recommendation is conservative, since they have no idea what else is in your system, so you may actually be okay with an x50 Ti. Try a power calculator based on what's in your computer such as

https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator (the basic is probably the quickest check to try)

https://pcpartpicker.com/

On my old Dell prebuilt rig that had a 460w power supply, I used a EVGA 680 that EVGA recommended a 550w supply. I didn't have issues that I could attribute to power.

So I have an Acer aspire that is hard to find online for me. If you need the model, it is Acer aspire AXC 605 ER29. I was wondering that if I get a GTX 750 Ti from EVGA, (the one that does not require external power) would it fit in to the case? Would I run into any issues with power or anything? Thanks! Zulfiqar

1 minute ago, crainingaming said:

So I have an Acer aspire that is hard to find online for me. If you need the model, it is Acer aspire AXC 605 ER29. I was wondering that if I get a GTX 750 Ti from EVGA, (the one that does not require external power) would it fit in to the case? Would I run into any issues with power or anything? Thanks! Zulfiqar

It will probably fit. I got a 275 mm card into a Inspirion 560 case no problem, so you should be good

Just now, NovaMan01 said:

It will probably fit. I got a 275 mm card into a Inspirion 560 case no problem, so you should be good

Ok. Thanks! The case is A micro itx I think though.

Just now, crainingaming said:

Ok. Thanks! The case is A micro itx I think though.

As long as the card isnt too long it should fit

Just now, NovaMan01 said:

As long as the card isnt too long it should fit

alright. Thanks for the help!

Your power supply may be an issue. EVGA suggests 300 watt power supply, your Acer has 220 watt based on what I see on Google. So a 750Ti may be pushing it depending on the load from the rest of your system and the quality of the built in power supply.

I have an EVGA GTX 750 Ti, and I can confirm, it's one of the smallest GPU's I've used. I crammed mine into a 2U server body which didn't have a bunch of space inside.

Daily Driver:

CPU - Dual X5670 | GPU - GTX 750 Ti | CASE - HP DL380 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 8 x 146GB 15K RPM HDD

Work Horse:

CPU - Quad E7-4870 | GPU - Quad Tesla M2090 | CASE - HPDL580 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 2 x 256GB Samsung 950 EVO SSD

Just now, ono said:

Your power supply may be an issue. EVGA suggests 300 watt power supply, your Acer has 220 watt based on what I see on Google. So a 750Ti may be pushing it depending on the load from the rest of your system and the quality of the built in power supply.

4 minutes ago, crainingaming said:

You might be able to power a GT1030 with a 220W psu.

Daily Driver:

CPU - Dual X5670 | GPU - GTX 750 Ti | CASE - HP DL380 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 8 x 146GB 15K RPM HDD

Work Horse:

CPU - Quad E7-4870 | GPU - Quad Tesla M2090 | CASE - HPDL580 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 2 x 256GB Samsung 950 EVO SSD

12 minutes ago, crainingaming said:

EVGA doesn't seem to recommend anything below 300W for any of their products, including the above 1030. The recommendation is conservative, since they have no idea what else is in your system, so you may actually be okay with an x50 Ti. Try a power calculator based on what's in your computer such as

https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator (the basic is probably the quickest check to try)

https://pcpartpicker.com/

On my old Dell prebuilt rig that had a 460w power supply, I used a EVGA 680 that EVGA recommended a 550w supply. I didn't have issues that I could attribute to power.