Hi! 

I just build my first gaming rig with help of this forum. Everything went great, pc booted, installed windows etc.  Now im facing some issues. Bios wont remember the settings I saved, so everytime I switch off power supply from the computer It doesnt want to boot to the windows because it doesnt remember the boot override settings(none of the settings)(problem with cmos battery?)  . Next issue was found a few hours ago when I launched benchmark program and didnt even run the actual benchmark and computer didnt recognize the monitor and decided to boot itself(crash) , did this a few times but didnt always boot itself, just went black screen so I had to force power off the machine. And last issue I found was that the machine started to get some serious fps drops when I ran the configuration wizard on bios which clocked cpu a little bit, like 3% Could this be a problem with motherboard and its components? 

Please post your configuration (CPU, Drives, motherboard model, etc).  Although some answers might be generic, having this helps.

8 minutes ago, Evanair said:

Please post your configuration (CPU, Drives, motherboard model, etc).  Although some answers might be generic, having this helps.

Ouh I forgot

Specs:

Mobo: Asus B350-F gaming strix

Graphics card: Asus gtx 1060 Oc, 3 fans

Cpu: Amd Ryzen 5 1600 6 core

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400S tempered glass

Hard drive: Samsung 500gb ssd

Cpu cooler: Cooler master hyper 212 turbo led

Latest Bios, latets graphics card drivers, latest windows 10

id say RMA the board

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

If you removed and replaced the CMOS battery in the process of changing things around, make sure that you got the battery inserted in the correct direction (polarity).  BIOS won't save settings if the battery is inserted incorrectly.  Trust me, I'm speaking from experience from the days of yesteryear.

Just now, kb5zue said:

If you removed and replaced the CMOS battery in the process of changing things around, make sure that you got the battery inserted in the correct direction (polarity).  BIOS won't save settings if the battery is inserted incorrectly.  Trust me, I'm speaking from experience from the days of yesteryear.

Yeah but still it doesnt explain the other issues, i quess

Yes, this sounds like a faulty motherboard. Contact the Motherboard's company support.

Computers r fun

what psu do you have? And yeah it losing your bios settings sounds like a cmos battery issue, check that and also why are you flipping the power off at your psu?

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

2 hours ago, Noobie22 said:

did this a few times but didnt always boot itself, just went black screen so I had to force power off the machine

The reason I asked for spec's was because I suspected it was a Ryzen machine.  This is a CPU that happens when Ryzen crashes.  It doesn't blue-screen, it just dies (Jay2Cents has a video on it when OCing Ryzen).  My 1800x does the same thing when pushing it too hard, it will run almost everything fine when overclocked but under a synthetic load, like CB, it black screens.

2 hours ago, Noobie22 said:

I ran the configuration wizard on bios which clocked cpu a little bit, like 3%

This is my biggest issue.  Asus Auto overclocking utility sucks.. like dangerously in the frying hardware way.  It got my 1800x to 4.3 ghz (yay...) at 1.55 volts (wtf) and said it was safe.  Reset everything to default and do things manually.  You didn't list your RAM, but if it's around 3000mhz at c16, setting the profile should be enough.  If you want to OC your CPU, there are many ways do it do and lots of step-by-step walkthroughs on YouTube for Ryzen.  Just look up safe voltage numbers first and take everything with a grain of salt.

Setting your Memory OC to what it's rated for really would be my suggestion for a starting point rather than OCing the CPU.  My 1800x gets more performance at 3400mhz ram at stock cpu than running at 2966 at 4.1ghz (cpu oc) in multithreaded applications.  Single core (aka gaming) is a bit different, but by less than 10% FPS.  Currently I'm running at a middle ground, and it seems to not crash Adobe Media encoder on long encodes, so I'm happy. 

BIOS issue sounds like a battery problem.

8 hours ago, Evanair said:

The reason I asked for spec's was because I suspected it was a Ryzen machine.  This is a CPU that happens when Ryzen crashes.  It doesn't blue-screen, it just dies (Jay2Cents has a video on it when OCing Ryzen).  My 1800x does the same thing when pushing it too hard, it will run almost everything fine when overclocked but under a synthetic load, like CB, it black screens.

This is my biggest issue.  Asus Auto overclocking utility sucks.. like dangerously in the frying hardware way.  It got my 1800x to 4.3 ghz (yay...) at 1.55 volts (wtf) and said it was safe.  Reset everything to default and do things manually.  You didn't list your RAM, but if it's around 3000mhz at c16, setting the profile should be enough.  If you want to OC your CPU, there are many ways do it do and lots of step-by-step walkthroughs on YouTube for Ryzen.  Just look up safe voltage numbers first and take everything with a grain of salt.

Setting your Memory OC to what it's rated for really would be my suggestion for a starting point rather than OCing the CPU.  My 1800x gets more performance at 3400mhz ram at stock cpu than running at 2966 at 4.1ghz (cpu oc) in multithreaded applications.  Single core (aka gaming) is a bit different, but by less than 10% FPS.  Currently I'm running at a middle ground, and it seems to not crash Adobe Media encoder on long encodes, so I'm happy. 

BIOS issue sounds like a battery problem.

Does the same crashing with all setted to defaults on bios and only crashes on certain prgram