Mac osx compatible html editors

Qpm5
Go to solution Solved by Hans Christian | Teri,

can i throw any of them on a flash drive and have them work?

Shouldn't be a problem, however note that even TextEdit (or what ever the Mac app is called, I forgot) and Notepad can be used to edit HTML, and if you're just doing basic stuff they should be perfectly capable.

I have a project for my speech and debate class so I was going to demonstrate very basic html to my class. I am not sure if my laptop will be able to connect to the projector in the class. They all use adapters to go from something to display port or something for the macbooks. I think they are using a vga to DP adapter but i am not 100% sure for this class if that is the case. so I need mac osx compatible html editor that i could throw on a flash drive and run as a backup. Any ideas any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

Emacs, VIM, Sublime Text, pretty much any good text editor available.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

Shouldn't be a problem, however note that even TextEdit (or what ever the Mac app is called, I forgot) and Notepad can be used to edit HTML, and if you're just doing basic stuff they should be perfectly capable.

Ok i am just not very familiar with any thing on the mac osx really. I really just want to open a few documents i wrote and then explain them. so I think i am going to try one of those or use the notepad equivalent thanks

Sublime Text is the way to code for portability and cross-platform availability.

I need it to be able to run on a flash drive and be compatible with mac osx are any of them capable of doing that the only portable installs for sublime text are for linux and windows.

I need it to be able to run on a flash drive and be compatible with mac osx are any of them capable of doing that the only portable installs for sublime text are for linux and windows.

Well, you know that is an advantage for OS X. You don't really need an installer that messes up your non existing registry.

just put the .app on an USB stick and launch it.

You should format the USB Stick as ExFAT, then you can read/write from both windows and OS X

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I solved the problem and also found i can use my laptop thanks for the help

edge code is my favorite i like the live viewer feature

i7-4930k   3xEvga gtx 780OC DC2 3gb    32gb corsair vengeance 2133mhz    asus rampage 4 extreme black  ~2 tb of ssd space

my speedtest 1932mbit down / 497mbit up  custom water cooled