Upgrading my monitor, question about 2k and 4k eperience

Hogger

I currently have a 1080p monitor, and I want to get a better resolution to up my ppi. I want a crisp and clear image, used for gaming btw. I was wondering what the experience is like. Is the difference from 1080 to 2k the same from 2k to 4k? Also, if anyone could recommend a monitor, that would be awesome, my budget is 300-400 USD

2560x1440 is not 2k, it is QHD

The difference from FHD to QHD for games is minimal but it helps if you want bigger monitor so it makes more sense at 27"+.

For desktop usage it makes a big difference because of the significantly higher screen real estate.

I would personally avoid UHD for gaming as it requires a lot of performance and the benefits are minimal.

In theory the desktop experience should be significantly better than with QHD but since the PPI is so high at 32" or lower, you need to use scaling which defeats the point of the extra screen real estate.

At above 32" the prices are starting to be significantly higher and the monitors are so big that you have to move your head to look around.

My personal preference right now would be 2xQHD over single UHD monitor for work.

Single QHD for games.

I am not saying that UHD is useless though, for photo work or video work it definitely makes sense.

QHD vs FHD

598f8021657a7_Beznzvu.thumb.png.401e961d855cfda45bf196c9e61e293f.png