What is the meaning of life?

Jsmith2211

The concept of meaning is entirely human. What is life to a lichen? I think our biological impulse to assign meaning and purpose, while satisfying when it works out, has a dark side. Read Don Quixote. He chose to to pursue a narrow path of knightly righteousness. That was 'his' meaning. Just don't overthink it.

8 minutes ago, asus killer said:

the AI as i see it... people don't program feelings or conscientiousnesses (really hard word lol), you give it the means to get there. If you program it, it's not AI. I might be wrong but it's how i see it. 

Adding self awareness and conscientiousness to AI and robots is bad as so many things that can go wrong. 

maxresdefault.jpg

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

32 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Adding self awareness and conscientiousness to AI and robots is bad as so many things that can go wrong. 

maxresdefault.jpg

i don't think you'll be "adding", is more something that happens, you can´t program it. Moving on, like your video said i think it's inevitable we will get there, AI i mean.

23 hours ago, Joelsome said:

Any Ideas Welcome! As for me, I think it is to have fun and enjoy life

2 minutes ago, Joelsome said:

42nd guy to say that lel

Haha well it's the pop culture reference

But honestly i'd say the meaning in life is entirely person dependent. To one person it might be to live life to the fullest to another person it might just simply be 'to die'. For me the meaning of life isn't so easily defined but i'd say it's be the best 'you' you can possibly be

1 hour ago, asus killer said:

the AI as i see it... people don't program feelings or conscientiousnesses (really hard word lol), you give it the means to get there. If you program it, it's not AI. I might be wrong but it's how i see it. 

Technically speaking you could program in emotions and it still be AI, what makes a human being human is the ability to show emotions based on a varying number of unpredictable circumstances. You could tell a AI the symptoms one could have for displaying anger, but i'ts up to the AI to determine when would the correct use of that emotion would be

Look at the interrogation scene from I-Robot where Sonny losses it and hits the table exclaiming "I did not murder him!" where previously he mentioned that his designer had tried to teach him human emotions

42 minutes ago, asus killer said:

i don't think you'll be "adding", is more something that happens, you can´t program it. Moving on, like your video said i think it's inevitable we will get there, AI i mean.

AI already exists just not in the concept that Hollywood makes, it's still rather stupid but you are right the advancements are getting there

2 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

AI already exists just not in the concept that Hollywood makes, it's still rather stupid but you are right the advancements are getting there

Machine Learning is an example of this

Just now, Joelsome said:

Machine Learning is an example of this

Exactly, it's still rather stupid it's not going to examine all of Beethoven symphonies and create a orchestral masterpiece anytime soon but it can made things like corrective countermeasures for things like Rumba hoovers for example

Just FYI this was basically my Degree (well the theory side of it anyway)

1 hour ago, Tcrumpen said:

Technically speaking you could program in emotions and it still be AI, what makes a human being human is the ability to show emotions based on a varying number of unpredictable circumstances. You could tell a AI the symptoms one could have for displaying anger, but i'ts up to the AI to determine when would the correct use of that emotion would be

Look at the interrogation scene from I-Robot where Sonny losses it and hits the table exclaiming "I did not murder him!" where previously he mentioned that his designer had tried to teach him human emotions

i really had the idea that programing "IF you see someone cry THEN your sad" was not AI. I had the idea it was more like you give a basic code to some machine so it can "learn" by itself and by observation.

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

9 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

Or worse!

Spoiler

5a2741d7eb9ac_flat1000x1000075f.jpg.264d93425b04afe6dbea04d59936669a.jpg

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

14 hours ago, asus killer said:

i really had the idea that programing "IF you see someone cry THEN your sad" was not AI. I had the idea it was more like you give a basic code to some machine so it can "learn" by itself and by observation.

That's basically how the terminator works, however it depends on how you want to define AI, what you're talking about there is a mixture of empathy and emotion. a AI system could learn emotions through empathy theoretically