What does Split Screen Mean when buying a monster

abccool2020

So I am in the market for a new monitor, and I have seen how they are marketing their monitors as, "Spilt Screen". I know what it means in video games but what does it mean in this case?

Depends on the monitor.  It may mean the exact same thing as a video game, that 1/2 can be one input (A Pc perhaps) and the other 1/2 can be another PC or a console.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

It means the monitor can support more than 1 device connected to it at once. So for example, you can have your PC connected and see things on your PC on one side, and then have a console doing the same and you'll be able to see output from both at once.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Oh no.... Not the split-screen monster!!! The horror!!! 0_0

On a more related note, what monitor

As others have mentioned, some monitors allow you to have multiple inputs being displayed at once; there's Picture-in-Picture (PIP), Picture-Over-Picture (POP) or what you mentioned, split screen (or Picture-by-Picture (PBP)), which allows two, or even up to 4 devices at once; for example a 43" LG or DELL 4k monitor may have 4 inputs that you can show all at the same time, with each input displaying at 1920x1080. Or in other cases you may have a 27" LG 4k monitor that can display 2 inputs at the same time, with each side showing in your control panel in Windows as a different monitor, with 1920x2160 resolution. LG even provides with some software to allow you to control two computers that are within the same network. I haven't gone into it, so I don't know if it works, or how well it works (or how it even works).

Edited by TheSprouts

11 minutes ago, abccool2020 said:

For everyone asking what monster I am talking about, this is the one I’m interested in.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IRQAYPE/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IG2C0N5MYVK5D&colid=1JGATVYB7L5SF&psc=1

I have two of the LG 27UD68 and they allow side by side 50% each. I believe they use the same splitscreen 2.0. Microsoft Windows will detect the screens as having a resolution of 1920x2160 when using splitscreen. I believe you can also force a standard size but you'll have black bars on top and bottom.

1 minute ago, TheSprouts said:

I have two of the LG 27UD68 and they allow side by side 50% each. I believe they use the same splitscreen 2.0. Microsoft Windows will detect the screens as having a resolution of 1920x2160 when using splitscreen. I believe you can also force a standard size but you'll have black bars on top and bottom.

Ah ok. So it’s just like the type in a video game, as long as you have 2 computers or even consoles?

Just now, abccool2020 said:

Ah ok. So it’s just like the type in a video game, as long as you have 2 computers or even consoles?

yep. It's handy if, for example, you have a gaming pc and a workstation and you want to monitor both on a side screen, for example. Or if you have two consoles at home with your kids or friends and want to play together but the game doesn't offer couch co-op, only online coop...Although for that, 27" with half the screen being black bars, may not be the most ideal. But you could for example have a streaming device hooked up to it, so you can watch shows in one side and monitor your computer in the other, or chat or some such. I like the being able to, but I think I've used it a couple times. With a 32-43" monitor, and with my current setup, it could work out, specially if it has the quad devices instead of just 2.

1 minute ago, TheSprouts said:

yep. It's handy if, for example, you have a gaming pc and a workstation and you want to monitor both on a side screen, for example. Or if you have two consoles at home with your kids or friends and want to play together but the game doesn't offer couch co-op, only online coop...Although for that, 27" with half the screen being black bars, may not be the most ideal. But you could for example have a streaming device hooked up to it, so you can watch shows in one side and monitor your computer in the other, or chat or some such. I like the being able to, but I think I've used it a couple times. With a 32-43" monitor, and with my current setup, it could work out, specially if it has the quad devices instead of just 2.

I personally think that in your situation it would work the best, just because of how big your moniter is. For 27 inch monitors, I think it would be more a last resort if anything