[$500]Suggestion For Upgrading My PC / Making A New RIG

Hello fellow Community members, so i have a PC whose specs are as follows.

GPU► Nvidia GTX 750Ti 2GB

CPU► Intel Quad Core Q9400 2.6Ghz

Ram► 8GB DDR3 (Unknown Model)

HDD► 500GB Samsung SP2504C (1TB Hard Burned 1 week ago :(

MotherBoard► Intel's Board Version Don't Know..... Local Shit Re made i think cause it says "rm Plc" in System Manufacturer Anyways...

So i want to make a PC which can run games at 1080P 60FPS without ease within $500 or less cause then i will be able to buy a 1080P Monitor aswell cause for now i use 1280x1024 resolution monitor yes ik prehistorical :P so what are the good options should i keep the CPU and build my PC around that???

2 minutes ago, NemesisX said:

MotherBoard► Intel's Board Version Don't Know..... Local Shit Re made i think cause it says "rm Plc" in System Manufacturer Anyways...

So i want to make a PC which can run games at 1080P 60FPS without ease within $500 or less cause then i will be able to buy a 1080P Monitor aswell cause for now i use 1280x1024 resolution monitor yes ik prehistorical :P so what are the good options should i keep the CPU and build my PC around that???

can u download AIDA64 and see which mobo is cause you might be able to upgrade CPU and overclock it a bit.

Just now, Essence_of_Darkness said:

can u download AIDA64 and see which mobo is cause you might be able to upgrade CPU and overclock it a bit.

Sure i will do that rn and will tell you that

4 minutes ago, NemesisX said:

If you are after a completely new build, get yourself a Ryzen 1300x and a 1050ti and then build the remainder of the new system with the left over budget. I am less sure about upgrading, although you could sell your existing build and use the money from it on your new computer. 

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

6 minutes ago, Essence_of_Darkness said:

pretty much the end of the road with the Q9400, best if he just kept the case and HDD and get everything else new.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

7 minutes ago, Essence_of_Darkness said:

Motherboard Name► Intel Cube Cove DQ45CB

9 minutes ago, NemesisX said:

which country? what's your budget for everything?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 minutes ago, another random person said:

If you are after a completely new build, get yourself a Ryzen 1300x and a 1050ti and then build the remainder of the new system with the left over budget. I am less sure about upgrading, although you could sell your existing build and use the money from it on your new computer. 

i wanted to go towards Ryzen but i have harsh reviews regarding AMD cause in past i bought Two AMD GPU both cards burned i am from Pakistan where it gets hella hot in summer so are the ryzen CPU's built to not get way hot??

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

which country? what's your budget for everything?

Pakistan Budget $500

Just now, NemesisX said:

Pakistan Budget $500

keep the hdd and case and see if you can get a ryzen 1200, 8gb of ram and a gtx 1050ti/1060. 

What about on Intel CPU side?? just incase i don't find Ryzen in Pakistan cause well my country lacks decency to import stuff fast lol

2 minutes ago, NemesisX said:

i wanted to go towards Ryzen but i have harsh reviews regarding AMD cause in past i bought Two AMD GPU both cards burned i am from Pakistan where it gets hella hot in summer so are the ryzen CPU's built to not get way hot??

Ryzen CPU stock coolers are more than capable of sustaining acceptable temperatures even under torture loads. Unless if you live in an actual oven, you should be more than fine with Ryzen stock coolers. Just don't overclock. The 1050ti shouldn't have issues with regards to temperatures if there is enough case ventilation. 

Desktop

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Just now, NemesisX said:

What about on Intel CPU side??

There is nothing as cheap and as good as AMD.

Desktop

LAPTOP

Just now, another random person said:

Ok so i should go with Ryzen 3 and buy 1050Ti and keep the rest? what about the motherboard should i go for B350 mobo

Just now, NemesisX said:

Ok so i should go with Ryzen 3 and buy 1050Ti and keep the rest? what about the motherboard should i go for B350 mobo

Yes, that is if compatible. Which I doubt the RAM is. Go for the cheapest motherboard option, which if its a b350, then that will work. A320 and/or AB300 all would work fine too.

Desktop

LAPTOP

1 minute ago, another random person said:

well if he is really just after gaming i would disagree. you could go for a coffe lake i3. would at least be comparable in gaming for around the same price (dont know about pakistani prices but here they are pretty much on par

Just now, Maxpower78 said:

well if he is really just after gaming i would disagree. you could go for a coffe lake i3. would at least be comparable in gaming for around the same price (dont know about pakistani prices but here they are pretty much on par

Pakistani prices are same as Dollar prices just in our currency...... also i just want gaming i don't video edit much or stuff like that if i stick with Intel Quad Core CPU keeping it and buying a SSD a 1050Ti and upgrading to DDR4 ram isn't that a good thing?

4 minutes ago, NemesisX said:

Pakistani prices are same as Dollar prices just in our currency...... also i just want gaming i don't video edit much or stuff like that if i stick with Intel Quad Core CPU keeping it and buying a SSD a 1050Ti and upgrading to DDR4 ram isn't that a good thing?

well then an i3 would at least be an alternative. if you can get the new coffe lake ones cheap great, they should actually be marginally better than a 1300x. if not the kaby lake ones are at least trading blows with the 1300x (source:

). but you might want to keep in mind that the upgrade path with a newer platform (am4 or coffe lake) might be better. then go for 8gb of ddr4 ram and depending on your budget go for a 1050ti, 1060 or (if you can get one cheap in the christmas sales right now), something like a 580 or 570. that would be my suggestions

Edit: coming to think of it, I assume christmas sales arent really a thing in Pakistan ? :D

Often games would utilise 4 physical cores better than 2 hyperthreaded cores. That is because most games are optimised for physical cores on a CPU and would typically be unable to use the hyperthreaded virtual cores. But in a very GPU heavy game the difference would be negligible. The pain of dual hyperthreaded cores comes when you try to multitask. So yes, there may be an Intel option to rival the Ryzen 3 but from personal testing and use, I would take a Quad core. (Prices here are the same) I couldnt find any prices for the Ryzen 3 in pakistan.

Desktop

LAPTOP

3 minutes ago, another random person said:

Often games would utilise 4 physical cores better than 2 hyperthreaded cores. That is because most games are optimised for physical cores on a CPU and would typically be unable to use the hyperthreaded virtual cores. But in a very GPU heavy game the difference would be negligible. The pain of dual hyperthreaded cores comes when you try to multitask. So yes, there may be an Intel option to rival the Ryzen 3 but from personal testing and use, I would take a Quad core. (Prices here are the same) I couldnt find any prices for the Ryzen 3 in pakistan.

the coffe lake i3s are quad cores with 4 physical cores ;)

Oh, in that case, they really are trading blows with AMD, then intel would be recommendable because of game support and market share. (Thats assuming they are the same or similar or the same cost.) :D

Desktop

LAPTOP

2 minutes ago, Maxpower78 said:

My Quad Core Q9400 has 4Cores and 4 Physical Cores aswell lol

Just now, another random person said:

Oh, in that case, they really are trading blows with AMD, then intel would be recommendable because of game support and market share. (Thats assuming they are the same or similar or the same cost.) :D

yeah exactly intel really stepped up their game after ryzen. Of course there is still the higher mainboard cost to keep in mind but as I said, at least its something to look at

if he goes for the older kaby lake ones, yes, he would be trading, 2 cores for hyperthreading. in theory you would be correct but search for benchmarks on the cpus in reality Intels optimization seems to just have been better. because in games the i3s almost always came out on top despite having only hyperthreading. of course that changes once you want to stream or anything of the like. but for pure 1080p gaming i would still see even thoughs as comporable although not as great as the newer ones

1 minute ago, Maxpower78 said:

yeah exactly intel really stepped up their game after ryzen. Of course there is still the higher mainboard cost to keep in mind but as I said, at least its something to look at

if he goes for the older kaby lake ones, yes, he would be trading, 2 cores for hyperthreading. in theory you would be correct but search for benchmarks on the cpus in reality Intels optimization seems to just have been better. because in games the i3s almost always came out on top despite having only hyperthreading. of course that changes once you want to stream or anything of the like. but for pure 1080p gaming i would still see even thoughs as comporable although not as great as the newer ones

If a person wants to stream then Ryzen is better??