Laptop battery is not charging

Dexter110

After recent update from windows my laptop battery is not charging and patter percentage is showing at 0%.

Laptop is hp envy 16 with inbuilt battery.

After the problem i have done factor reset for my laptop then also it didnt work.

Later i have removed windows all together and installed ubuntu 16 but it still not working

Help me anyone

is this the first problem you have had with it charging ....ever?

never let fear stand in the way of your terror. 

If you like anything I write feel free to quote and pass it on

however, if you disagree with me and have a strong opinion.....better be riding a fast horse

Windows shouldn't stop a battery from charging. Seeing as Windows will have no direct control over the motherboard, and no direct connection to the battery.

Is there something else you done? Like didn't charge it for 3 days and within those 3 days you done something?

It's not a race to the bottom.

Was the system let sit a while before you have noticed this problem starting? Like the computer was set and left for a month or so?

I honestly have no idea how the OS can be connected to this issue. To me it seems like battery just died or somehow got disconnected inside. I might be wrong tho. How old is the laptop and what is his exact model number? Also, I suppose your laptop works with a power cable plugged in, if you disconnect it does the pc just shut off when battery is drained?