New built pc won’t display on monitor

Mercuryaces

New to building PCs, just finished my build and turned it on and.... nothing displaying, there is a red light on the bottom of my gigabyte 350 mobo, everything is seared, everything plugged in pretty sure. 

Advice for for a beginner please.

14BB5253-0B15-4FE3-8C77-75C837ED8DBD.jpeg

check your mobo manual for the light / beep code 

what cpu are you using?

Look at the light. Theres a key near the light to show what the problem is. I think it might be that the mobo is trying to use IGPU but the ryzen chips dont have igpu. The reason i fix this is because the monitor isnt plugged into the gpu. I think that would fix it. If the light shines vga theres your answer.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

2 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

Look at the light. Theres a key near the light to show what the problem is. I think it might be that the mobo is trying to use IGPU but the ryzen chips dont have igpu. The reason i fix this is because the monitor isnt plugged into the gpu. I think that would fix it. If the light shines vga theres your answer.

It’s shining by VGA, but it’s connected to the gpu.

Just now, Mercuryaces said:

It’s shining by VGA, but it’s connected to the gpu.

Did you test that all the parts worked outside of the pc? Also reseat the gpu maybe

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

4 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

Did you test that all the parts worked outside of the pc? Also reseat the gpu maybe

I didn’t test outside of the pc, I’ll try re seating the gpu and see what happens.

19 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

Looking again I see that it’s actually the CPU light that’s lighting up, not the VGA light.