120hd led control

Ashaman Cooper
Go to solution Solved by unknownmiscreant,

See the link in my signature.

Let me know if you want some help sorting out the finer details of more than 2 fan hubs or joining 2 together/making a custom hub. 

Hi guys, im build my custom case and I would like some help understanding what I need to run the lights. I have not installed the mobo, as the maximus x formula is still not out. I want to control what colors and patterns to each fan instead of a group like now. I would also like to control to music. Will that work with just plugging into the mobo or do I need something else? I have heard Adriano talked about, but I know little about it. I have corsair. 10 120hd fans and 4 140hd fans. Also any ideas on extending the corsair rbg cables would be great. 

You will need to make something custom with an ardrinuo board or similiar. Plugging into the board will not give you any LED control as that is only going to power the fan and not the LED functions.

30 minutes ago, Ashaman Cooper said:

Hi guys, im build my custom case and I would like some help understanding what I need to run the lights. I have not installed the mobo, as the maximus x formula is still not out. I want to control what colors and patterns to each fan instead of a group like now. I would also like to control to music. Will that work with just plugging into the mobo or do I need something else? I have heard Adriano talked about, but I know little about it. I have corsair. 10 120hd fans and 4 140hd fans. Also any ideas on extending the corsair rbg cables would be great. 

So the Corsair controller DOES let you do SOME things, i don't know what kind of functions you can get out of it though. ASUS AURA kindof sucks for "reacting to music" as it is just not very accurate if you try plugging it into a motherboards 50/50 header. Aside from that they have a certain limit of things one header can control because it has to power everything and it's not a super powerful port. 

I would say that you're trying to do something very ambitious and you'll likely need to teach yourself Arduino programming in order to run the fans in the unique way you want...also those things are SO loud when you get close lol

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

I was about to ask what Adrianos are good, however I feel I am going to have to do much more research. I dont see why power is an issue when sata cables are in the mix. Not to say its not an issue. The corsair does have some features, however I want to control each fan. Im not the only one running lpts of fans, there should be an easier way. 

Let me know if you want some help sorting out the finer details of more than 2 fan hubs or joining 2 together/making a custom hub. 

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

6 hours ago, unknownmiscreant said:

Yes! Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much.