How do Rainbow Six's season passes work?

Fred Flintstone
Go to solution Solved by A_Mediocre_Kangaroo_Farmer,
2 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

Currencies always get me confused, so I'll try to adapt myself to it when I get the game. My main concern was about the operators, but now I think I know how the season passes: If you get the first one, then you get access to all of the first year's operators, and the same with the second one with this year's operators. Thanks for all the information, as I said before I'm going to keep saving a bit more money to get the full version that includes both passes.

The Season Pass year-long premium membership includes:

• 7-day exclusive access to 8 all-new Operators that you can instantly add to your roster
  • exclusive Season Pass Porter weapon skin
  • Safari Bundle of five weapons skins
  • 600 Rainbow Credits that can be used to purchase additional in-game content
  • 5% permanent Renown boost to speed up progression
  • 5 daily challenges instead of the standard 3 for more rewards

YEAR 2 OPERATORS AND DLC

• 8 new Year 2 operators across 4 seasons
  • 8 headgear
  • 8 uniforms
  • R6 Carbon charm
  • 600 R6 Credits

VIP PERKS

• 7-day early access to each season's new Operators
  • 10% discount in in-game shop
  • 5% Renown boost to unlock in-game content faster
  • 2 extra daily challenges
  • Bonus DLC added with each season

**VIP Membership until Feb 7, 2018

If you owned the Year 1 Season Pass, you will receive a bonus 600 R6 Credits.

I was looking for some reliable place to get Rainbow Six: Siege for a good price and I found this "sale" on G2A: https://www.g2a.com/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege-complete-edition-uplay-key-global-i10000031948003 (exactly the one from the seller "Keysell2431"). What I am wondering right now is how do these season passes that are included with this purchase work. I mean, I understand that "Season Pass" unlocks the first year's operators and so does "Season Pass Year 2" with the second year's ones, but my question is: Do you actually get the operators? Or do you only get the ability to purchase them separately (with in-game money)? I'm doubtful because I heard that Ubisoft has copied some EA's manners and now likes to charge you for everything.

I'm not answering your question, but I HIGHLY recommend that you DO NOT buy from G2A.

They have super shitty and shady business practices, and not to mention the time the seller took my bank info and ran my account dry.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

I'm not answering your question, but I HIGHLY recommend that you DO NOT buy from G2A.

They have super shitty and shady business practices, and not to mention the time the seller took my bank info and ran my account dry.

from what I heard, they are as risky as eBay, so some safe stuff and other risky stuff.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

I already bought a bundle there that was SURPRISINGLY (maybe suspiciously too) cheap, but I didn't get scammed. Though I did hear bad things about it, but I'm not going to put my bank info there by no means, those games I got were paid with cash. Anyway it's good to aknowledge stuff like that, so I have more reasons to be careful.

4 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

from what I heard, they are as risky as eBay, so some safe stuff and other risky stuff.

I believe that if X seller has good reviews and thousands of sales you can be pretty sure it isn't a scammer... You can never be 100% sure tho.

I personally have never been scammed by sites like g2a, hrk, cdkeys, etc. And i've gotten all my games from them. Sorry steam and all those other game publishers, don't really want to pay full price...

And to answer your question, I asked my friend about this and he said that you don't have to pay for the season 2 operators, but you will have to pay for the season 1 operators. So if you get the season pass, you'll unlock Spanish, Blood orchid and Korean operators. 

Hope that helps!

28 minutes ago, dwang040 said:

Sorry steam and all those other game publishers, don't really want to pay full price...

Haha, me neither man. Honestly I tried to do some... Ehhh, some Jack Sparrow sh*t (to put it in a subtle way) but I couldn't, I've been away from PC gaming for a looong time now.

28 minutes ago, dwang040 said:

And to answer your question, I asked my friend about this and he said that you don't have to pay for the season 2 operators, but you will have to pay for the season 1 operators. So if you get the season pass, you'll unlock Spanish, Blood orchid and Korean operators. 

So, even if the first season pass is included I would have to pay for the respective operators (canadians, marines, brazilians, japanese) anyway? But not for this year's operators starting with the spanish. Then I will get to play with those instantly, right?

Hmm, a season one pass will give you the season one operators. But don't quote me on this. Tbh, the whole season pass thing for rainbow six siege confused me to the ends. I'll link a steam discussion, see if that can give you any insight. As for the year 2 operators... you should be able to play them without grinding and paying for them with in-game currencies, aka you can play them instantly. 

Link to steam discussion.

3 minutes ago, dwang040 said:

Hmm, a season one pass will give you the season one operators. But don't quote me on this. Tbh, the whole season pass thing for rainbow six siege confused me to the ends. I'll link a steam discussion, see if that can give you any insight. As for the year 2 operators... you should be able to play them without grinding and paying for them with in-game currencies, aka you can play them instantly. 

Link to steam discussion.

Okay then, I think I'll keep saving money until I can afford the full version, thanks for all the info mate.

By the way, The Bureau is free on https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-bureau-xcom-declassified?hmb_source=thebureau_xcomdeclassified_freegame&hmb_medium=banner, it isn't a great game but it's free :P...

3 hours ago, Slottr said:

, and not to mention the time the seller took my bank info and ran my account dry.

Bullshit.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

This conversation is quite off topic, but if you're buying from a 3rd party reseller, you're agreeing to the risk that you might be scammed. Some people have gone on 3rd party sites like g2a, hrk, etc and well, they weren't so lucky and s*** happened. But at the same time, if the seller is really good, you can get games at really amazing prices (again, like my whole steam library). So when you go on 3rd party sites (games, clothing, electronics, etc) you'll accepting the fact that you could potentially get scammed.

3 hours ago, dwang040 said:

if you're buying from a 3rd party reseller, you're agreeing to the risk that you might be scammed. Some people have gone on 3rd party sites like g2a, hrk, etc and well, they weren't so lucky and s*** happened. But at the same time, if the seller is really good, you can get games at really amazing prices

Exactly, it's a matter of semi-blind trust. For instance I would trust any seller on G2A that has at least 98% positive reviews (preferably 99%) and several thousands successful deals, +5.000.

3 hours ago, dwang040 said:

you can get games at really amazing prices (again, like my whole steam library).

I got my entire Steam library from G2A too, except for The Bureau (I picked it for free yesterday on Humble Bundle). I got almost all the GTA saga but GTA V and the Stories for $24 including G2A's protection (so GTA, GTA II, GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, GTA IV, TLAD amd TBOGT for $21).

13 hours ago, Slottr said:

Not bullshit

It clearly is. For one, that would of been you're main reason as to not use g2a rather than "shady business practices" and two, the seller doesn't get your bank details. G2a transfers the money to them. 

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

On 01/12/2017 at 5:15 AM, Fred Flintstone said:

I was looking for some reliable place to get Rainbow Six: Siege for a good price and I found this "sale" on G2A: https://www.g2a.com/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege-complete-edition-uplay-key-global-i10000031948003 (exactly the one from the seller "Keysell2431"). What I am wondering right now is how do these season passes that are included with this purchase work. I mean, I understand that "Season Pass" unlocks the first year's operators and so does "Season Pass Year 2" with the second year's ones, but my question is: Do you actually get the operators? Or do you only get the ability to purchase them separately (with in-game money)? I'm doubtful because I heard that Ubisoft has copied some EA's manners and now likes to charge you for everything.

You get all the operators in the season passes, there are 3 more coming for the year 2 pass you get 7 days early access to those. you also get some random skins, a 10% discount per season pass on all renoun things in the store and (not 100% on this) if you unlock the year 1 then the year 2 pass you get a bonus of 600 of the silver currency I forget what I called now but it's in addition to the 600 you get from each pass anyway.

8700k @5.0GHz | Maximus X Hero | RAM 32GB @3200MHz CL14 | 1080 TI | SSD 250GB + 2x500GB Raid 0 | Monitor 1440p 165Hz ISP

5 minutes ago, A_Mediocre_Kangaroo_Farmer said:

You get all the operators in the season passes, there are 3 more coming for the year 2 pass you get 7 days early access to those. you also get some random skins, a 10% discount per season pass on all renoun things in the store and (not 100% on this) if you unlock the year 1 then the year 2 pass you get a bonus of 600 of the silver currency I forget what I called now but it's in addition to the 600 you get from each pass anyway.

Currencies always get me confused, so I'll try to adapt myself to it when I get the game. My main concern was about the operators, but now I think I know how the season passes: If you get the first one, then you get access to all of the first year's operators, and the same with the second one with this year's operators. Thanks for all the information, as I said before I'm going to keep saving a bit more money to get the full version that includes both passes.

2 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

The Season Pass year-long premium membership includes:

• 7-day exclusive access to 8 all-new Operators that you can instantly add to your roster
  • exclusive Season Pass Porter weapon skin
  • Safari Bundle of five weapons skins
  • 600 Rainbow Credits that can be used to purchase additional in-game content
  • 5% permanent Renown boost to speed up progression
  • 5 daily challenges instead of the standard 3 for more rewards

YEAR 2 OPERATORS AND DLC

• 8 new Year 2 operators across 4 seasons
  • 8 headgear
  • 8 uniforms
  • R6 Carbon charm
  • 600 R6 Credits

VIP PERKS

• 7-day early access to each season's new Operators
  • 10% discount in in-game shop
  • 5% Renown boost to unlock in-game content faster
  • 2 extra daily challenges
  • Bonus DLC added with each season

**VIP Membership until Feb 7, 2018

If you owned the Year 1 Season Pass, you will receive a bonus 600 R6 Credits.

8700k @5.0GHz | Maximus X Hero | RAM 32GB @3200MHz CL14 | 1080 TI | SSD 250GB + 2x500GB Raid 0 | Monitor 1440p 165Hz ISP