Mouse starts to fail clicks, expecting the worst...

Juim1j

So my mouse, which is a Staples Optical Gaming Mouse 25689, has been working well until it's started to fail clicks this week.

I asked my brother who plays Total War and CSGO which both are games that envolve lot's of clicks and he said that he hadn't noted anything.

This is very weird. If I unplug and plug back in the mouse on the same USB port on my PC it works fine for like 15 mins but then starts to fail clicks. It works perfectly on my brothers user but is failing in mine's.

Unfortunatly I've been digging around and it could be a sign of malware and as a poor PC gamer sometimes I have to resort to the more shady part of the web... and I suspect it may be a case of virus. Windows Defender hasn't told me anything and I haven't got a third party Anti-Virus.

What do I do now? Is it really malware or is it just some config messup? All your help is welcome. Yours Juim1j.

Edit: I only download from Skidrow Reloaded which has been flagged as a good website for pirated content and no malware but you know you can never be sure.

http://skidrowreloaded.com

Try getting a 3rd party antivirus, MalwareBytes or AVG are good ones. Run a scan for malware and see if anything comes up. Also check Task Manager and see if anything's eating up usage for anything or if there are any new processes running that don't relate to anything.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Agree with @Crunchy Dragon, could also just be because it’s dying. How old is it? If it’s new, it could have been a dud.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

15 hours ago, Juim1j said:

@King_of_Oz The mouse is about 2 months old.

Hmm. Might be a dud then.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.