What is the best Budget Case and Power Supply ?

CGFrog

So I am working on a build and I want to know what kind of case is the best for a budget build (cable management, air flow, etc) and I don't want a cheap power supply that's going to blow up on me. Here is the PC Part Picker list but keep in mind I will probably upgrade to 16 gigs of memory, Ryzen 5 1600, and a 1060 6gb in the next year or so https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Vcd3qk . I would like a case with good cable management and preferably a window and I would like a power supply that won't blow up and it will power up my system well for a good price. Just to give you an idea of cases I do like are the Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass (Black) and Corsair - Crystal 570X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case. Thanks!

On the power supply side, it's not that hard to pick - right now, the Corsair CX450M is just awesome value at just under 30 bucks.

Case is almost impossible to pick since it depends so much on personal preference, both in looks and what features you prefer.

6 minutes ago, CGFrog said:

So I am working on a build and I want to know what kind of case is the best for a budget build (cable management, air flow, etc) and I don't want a cheap power supply that's going to blow up on me. Here is the PC Part Picker list but keep in mind I will probably upgrade to 16 gigs of memory, Ryzen 5 1600, and a 1060 6gb in the next year or so https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Vcd3qk . I would like a case with good cable management and preferably a window and I would like a power supply that won't blow up and it will power up my system well for a good price. Just to give you an idea of cases I do like are the Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass (Black) and Corsair - Crystal 570X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case. Thanks!

Don't get that case with your motherboard. I would have told you to get a board that has a VRM that won't blow up if you put an 8-core in it, but it's too late for that. That board is mATX, meaning it will look cartoonishly small in a 570X. Get a micro ATX case if you want the thing to look proportionally correct or return your motherboard and get a decent ATX board like an Asus B350 Prime Plus or, if you have more money, the Asus X370 Pro.

Let's change a few things. 

Get a Ryzen 1200 if you plan on upgrading it down the line. No reason to spend more on the 1300X. 

Get memory that looks halfway decent if you really want to go through with having a nice windowed side panel case. 1*8 DIMMs are fine, but look for a heatsink on the memory.

That board will power a quad core fine, but if you get a 1600 and want to overclock it you really want to look into a board with a better VRM.

Having just a hard drive will make your system slow and annoying to use. I'd much prefer to get a single 120 GB SSD now and not have to reinstall Windows when I get a hard drive later, rather than the other way around.

For a PSU, the Corsair CX450M would be fine.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

On the power supply side, it's not that hard to pick - right now, the Corsair CX450M is just awesome value at just under 30 bucks.

Case is almost impossible to pick since it depends so much on personal preference, both in looks and what features you prefer.

Thank you for your help I really appreciate it! I think I will use that PSU!

3 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Don't get that case with your motherboard. I would have told you to get a board that has a VRM that won't blow up if you put an 8-core in it, but it's too late for that. That board is mATX, meaning it will look cartoonishly small in a 570X. Get a micro ATX case if you want the thing to look proportionally correct or return your motherboard and get a decent ATX board like an Asus B350 Prime Plus or, if you have more money, the Asus X370 Pro.

Let's change a few things. 

Get a Ryzen 1200 if you plan on upgrading it down the line. No reason to spend more on the 1300X. 

Get memory that looks halfway decent if you really want to go through with having a nice windowed side panel case. 1*8 DIMMs are fine, but look for a heatsink on the memory.

That board will power a quad core fine, but if you get a 1600 and want to overclock it you really want to look into a board with a better VRM.

Having just a hard drive will make your system slow and annoying to use. I'd much prefer to get a single 120 GB SSD now and not have to reinstall Windows when I get a hard drive later, rather than the other way around.

For a PSU, the Corsair CX450M would be fine.

Thanks for your tips! I changed my ram and CPU and PSU and switched to a 240 gig SSD I figure hardrives are pretty easy to save up for. Thanks for you help and I will find a nice Micro ATX case I like. Thank you!

45 minutes ago, CGFrog said:

Thanks for your tips! I changed my ram and CPU and PSU and switched to a 240 gig SSD I figure hardrives are pretty easy to save up for. Thanks for you help and I will find a nice Micro ATX case I like. Thank you!

Proportionally, you seem to be spending a lot on the case and not on the build.........

I like you :D 

In all seriousness though, a good tempered glass mATX case would be the Fractal Design Define Mini C Tempered Glass. You could also save more money and get something even cheaper, but lower than $75, the only decent option i can find is the white in win 301 on newegg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Proportionally, you seem to be spending a lot on the case and not on the build.........

I like you :D 

In all seriousness though, a good tempered glass mATX case would be the Fractal Design Define Mini C Tempered Glass. You could also save more money and get something even cheaper, but lower than $75, the only decent option i can find is the white in win 301 on newegg

The case were just example of what I was looking for but I do wish I could buy them lol. Thank you for the suggestion I will look at it!