Corsair Value Select vs LPX vs Dominator

Just wanted to know if there's any performance difference between theses 3 ram sticks

1. Corsair Value Select 4GB 2400MHz (comes in a pack of 1 stick. But I shall get 2)

2. Corsair Vengence Lpx 2x 4GB kit @ 2400MHz

3. Corsair dominator platinum 2x 4GB @2400MHz

Price wise there is a little saving with the value select. Question is whether performance is different and also, are heatsinks on ram critical or is it just something we as gamers buy into?

Considering they all run at the same speed, there probably won't be a noticeable performance difference between them. Also, having a good heatsink on your ram is nice during intensive workloads, but it's not nearly as important as having a heatsink on a CPU or GPU. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

RAM is RAM, the cheapest you can get at the speed you want is usually the best.

I prefer Dom Plats actually, out of all the RAM I've seen they are by far the most beautiful and aesthetically pleasing.

For you, I'd recommend the Value Select, especially since it's cheaper. Heatspreaders on memory isn't really critical, they don't do much other than look freaking great(depending on what kind you get)

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

If the difference is sub $20 I would get the dom plats and OC them.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Also, any idea on G.skill flareX ram for ryzen, is it compatible wiht coffee lake?

12 minutes ago, ChaosJ said:

Also, any idea on G.skill flareX ram for ryzen, is it compatible wiht coffee lake?

Yes, coffee lake is compatible with  pretty much everything, it has the strongest memory controller on the consumer market afaik.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

On 11/28/2017 at 6:59 PM, ChaosJ said:

Just wanted to know if there's any performance difference between theses 3 ram sticks

1. Corsair Value Select 4GB 2400MHz (comes in a pack of 1 stick. But I shall get 2)

2. Corsair Vengence Lpx 2x 4GB kit @ 2400MHz

3. Corsair dominator platinum 2x 4GB @2400MHz

Price wise there is a little saving with the value select. Question is whether performance is different and also, are heatsinks on ram critical or is it just something we as gamers buy into?

Mixing kits can create the potential for compatibility issues, so I would recommend not purchasing two separate Value Select kits.  We test the modules that come packaged together and guarantee their compatibility.  If pricing is a big concern, the LPX kit does have a lower price point, but still features high quality and performance IC's.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/