What is the best budget CPU for GTX 1060 3G ?

I bought myself a GTX 1060 but i have an AMD A10 CPU.What is the best budget option ? I have absolutely no idea on what CPU to buy and what a budget CPU should cost.

Just now, Cosmos1234 said:

I bought myself a GTX 1060 but i have an AMD A10 CPU.What is the best budget option ? I have absolutely no idea on what CPU to buy and what a budget CPU should cost.

Ryzen 3 1200 should be enough, but you have to change your motherboard too. ASUS PRIME B350M-A or something like that if you want to overclock.

Just now, nishe1 said:

Ryzen 3 1200 should be enough, but you have to change your motherboard too. ASUS PRIME B350M-A or something like that if you want to overclock.

that board is absolutely marvelous just if you're overclocking it uses offset mode if that's a bother to you

oof owie blue liquid is coming out of my eyes pls help

It would help to have your full specs, but my guess is, short of changing platform (to Ryzen or switch to Intel) your options are quite limited.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just now, nishe1 said:

He is right, BUT, you NEED to overclock the R3 1200, and you can only do that with the B350 board. The included CPU cooler is pretty good as well. Also, update the motherboard BIOS before any overclocking

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

1 minute ago, warlinty said:

that board is absolutely marvelous just if you're overclocking it uses offset mode if that's a bother to you

what is offset mode ? :S

1 minute ago, Cosmos1234 said:

from my expirience and knowledge base voltage + offset amount 

Just now, AmbarChakrabarti said:

He is right, BUT, you NEED to overclock the R3 1200, and you can only do that with the B350 board. The included CPU cooler is pretty good as well. Also, update the motherboard BIOS before any overclocking

I don't know, but if what you're are saying is true and @Cosmos1234doesn't want to OC then 3 1300x and the cheaper board - it should be on the same budget

2 minutes ago, Cosmos1234 said:

What is love?

Baby don't google, don't google, no more.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Just now, warlinty said:

from my expirience and knowledge base voltage + offset amount 

I am not really interested in overclocking really i don't need that much power rather than smooth 60 FPS.But the motherboard looks really good and it is average price here in turkey.

Just now, NelizMastr said:

What is love?

Yeah, bing it on. ;/

4 minutes ago, nishe1 said:

I don't know, but if what you're are saying is true and @Cosmos1234doesn't want to OC then 3 1300x and the cheaper board - it should be on the same budget

r3 1200 + B350 might cost the same, but r3 1200 will benifit a lot from an overclock. You will surpass the 1300x + A320 combo easily

Just now, AmbarChakrabarti said:

r3 1200 + B350 might cost the same, but r3 1200 will benifit a lot from an overclock. You will surpass the 1300x + A320 combo easily

How much could it be overclocked?

7 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

What is love?

who uses google lol i only use bing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i am in turkey so turkish websites are prioritized.Nothi actually useful comes up when i type offset mode

who uses google lol i only use bing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i am in turkey so turkish websites are prioritized.Nothi actually useful comes up when i type offset mode

maybe that's why you had to ask ;/

Just now, nishe1 said:

How much could it be overclocked?

an average would be 3.9ghz on the cooler included with the CPU, with a custom cooler, 4ghz

1 minute ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

r3 1200 + B350 might cost the same

Exactly.Actually other motherboards are more expensive :P (in turkey atleast)

Ryzen 3 1200 + Asus Prime are 200 dollars.Is it a good price ?

3 minutes ago, Cosmos1234 said:

Ryzen 3 1200 + Asus Prime are 200 dollars.Is it a good price ?

It is, altough I don't know much about Turkish prices ;P

24 minutes ago, Cosmos1234 said:

I am not really interested in overclocking really i don't need that much power rather than smooth 60 FPS.But the motherboard looks really good and it is average price here in turkey.

offset mode isn't a deal breaker some people actually prefer it over manual sometimes

Just now, warlinty said:

offset mode isn't a deal breaker some people actually prefer it over manual sometimes

Offset mode would be great for me actually since i don't know much about overclocking CPU's.

just get the 1200 and a b350 board and OC it, It'll outperform the 1300x if you get a good overclock in, and it'll benefit you in the future should you want to upgrade. Overclocking isn't dangerous at all. The 1300x is essentially just an overclocked 1200x anyway.

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

Offset mode would be great for me actually since i don't know much about overclocking CPU's.

Auto-overclocks suck, they feed the CPU FAR too much voltage resulting in shitty temperatures. Overclocking really isn't hard and tbh the only way you can break your chip is if you are very incompetant and put some stupidly high number like 1.5 for the voltage. Stick to 1.35v and below and you won't kill your chip.

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

19 minutes ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

an average would be 3.9ghz on the cooler included with the CPU, with a custom cooler, 4ghz

I considered getting 3 1200 or 5 1400 with this board, but decided to save some money and got 3 1200 with cheaper board instead... Now I'm regretting it so much, thanks!

it doesnt really make a difference and offset actually made me worry i had something wrong starting with it since i didn't know much about overclocking at the time

1 minute ago, Armakar said:

just get the 1200 and a b350 board and OC it, It'll outperform the 1300x if you get a good overclock in, and it'll benefit you in the future should you want to upgrade. Overclocking isn't dangerous at all. The 1300x is essentially just an overclocked 1200x anyway.

that is higher binned and could possibly reach a better overclock in the most extreme situation but thats like 1/1000000

1 minute ago, Armakar said:

Auto-overclocks suck, they feed the CPU FAR too much voltage resulting in shitty temperatures. Overclocking really isn't hard and tbh the only way you can break your chip is if you are very incompetant and put some stupidly high number like 1.5 for the voltage. Stick to 1.35v and below and you won't kill your chip.

offset mode isnt autoOC