EATX in the Fractal Design Define R5

Okay everybody strap in you little duckies.

I have browsed the forums and everybody says "oh Eatx doesn't work in the r5" Now I know not many people will really care about this but for anybody who is still wondering out there. IT WORKS...

I have a Rampage V Extreme in my define r5.Now I had to take out the rubber grommets out. Some people said that the board was too close on the sata solder points.so I put a couple strips of electrical tape where the sata ports and it works fine. and some people said that right angle sata cables won't work, but as you can see they do work

.IMG_3063.thumb.JPG.fc8aa1bbd9f4c37bbdf56d0fbbba2039.JPGIMG_3064.thumb.JPG.4f0c6b002ef696f6d7fc30d5c496243c.JPG

Nice, back to the drawing board to me.  I kind of want this case but no TG and an Eatx board have stopped me

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

the R5 is like one of my favorite cases. TG is a dumb trend IMO but you can go to a class shop and have them make you a panel. I've done it for people before (not me making the panel) it's a little more spendy but I like it.

The thing is the Rampage V Extreme  isn't a true e-atx board.Its 12 inch x 10.7 inch,True e-atx is 12x13 while atx is a 12x9.6,So most asus boards are not e-atx they are right between atx and e-atx.