SSD Boot Drive VS HDD Hibernate/Sleep Mode

Alright so I just put together my new computer and I'm currently using my 250gb Samsung 840 EVO as a boot drive and a 1TB Seagate as storage. Managing files is a bitch when everything you download and it's mother is trying to get onto the SSD. I know there are some things you can do like change the locations of User folders and such, but wouldn't it be a whole lot simpler to just boot Windows from my HDD, use my SSD as a simple drag and drop for whatever program I want to preform at hyper speed, and just hibernate my computer when I'm not using it?

I know you can assign where you want your files to be downloaded to, but sometimes different software that wouldn't benefit from an SSD don't even give you an option where to put it and just saves to wherever your Program Files (x86) is. I'd much rather put my computer on Hibernate or Sleep mode rather then micro manage every little file that doesn't want to give me an option to save it to another drive (Which is a lot of them).

So tell me, guys, is it worth it?

The hole point of an SSD is to have your OS on it and why don't you just set your default download location to the HDD.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

i think having the OS on the SSD and moving the files that you dont need to the HDD is much less hassle.

this also give you a very responsive PC

The hole point of an SSD is to have your OS on it and why don't you just set your default download location to the HDD.

I have my default set to the HDD. But as I said, a lot of programs tend to ignore this. Take Winrar for example. I'll download it from it's respective website and direct the download to my Dowloads folder on my HDD. I'll install the software onto my HDD but for some reason I'll still find it's core files in my SSD's Program Files and Program Files (x84). This is what I'm talking about with the whole file managment stuff. It's like digging up roots to flowers you planted on the other side of the yard, but for some reason they keep getting moved.

ssd on windows 8 from power to boot with lots of startup programs is 24 seconds for me. it used to be a whole minute. i say yes its worth it