Final thoughts on a computer build Im going to do

JTBarber

Kind of expensive RGB fans for a case that won't show them at the front. Why not get the Corsair 460 rgb case instead? Comes with 3 of those RGB fans and looks arguably even better:

image.png.a08fb3f37fa57e06f711a06d54ec71fd.png

-------

Current Rig

-------

I ran all that through a PSU wattage calculator and it came out to around 500 watts, so you should be okay. Do you plan to overclock?

it's time

3 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Kind of expensive RGB fans for a case that won't show them at the front. Why not get the Corsair 460 rgb case instead? Comes with 3 of those RGB fans and looks arguably even better:

image.png.a08fb3f37fa57e06f711a06d54ec71fd.png

I hadnt thought about that thanks

6 minutes ago, jblflip5 said:

Do not get oem windows get the retail one

Don't get either, get a kinguin/g2a key

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

3 hours ago, YedZed said:

Ill probably do that, I dont want to spend so much money on a physical copy

4 minutes ago, YedZed said:

Do this^, get a different case like the other guy said, and do you really need to spend that much on a monitor? Are you using this strictly for gaming? Because personally I would recommend a 4k monitor. Cheaper than the one you chose and the pixel density is well worth it to me over the high refresh rate.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

3 hours ago, RollTime said:

I ran all that through a PSU wattage calculator and it came out to around 500 watts, so you should be okay. Do you plan to overclock?

Id like to overclock, not high enough where it could hurt something but i heard around 5.0 is easy to get with this

3 hours ago, Orangeator said:

Do this^, get a different case like the other guy said, and do you really need to spend that much on a monitor? Are you using this strictly for gaming? Because personally I would recommend a 4k monitor. Cheaper than the one you chose and the pixel density is well worth it to me over the high refresh rate.

Id be open to other monitor suggestions but yes it is mainly for gaming, I personally thing having a higher refresh rate is more benifical(?) to me, also im switching to the case he suggested bc it seems cool

2 minutes ago, JTBarber said:

Id like to overclock, not high enough where it could hurt something but i heard around 5.0 is easy to get with this

Well, you should be sure not to exceed your PSU's maximum wattage.

it's time

3 hours ago, RollTime said:

Well, you should be sure not to exceed your PSU's maximum wattage.

Would overclocking really make it go over 750W ? 

If youre spending $75 on a psu it should be at least 80+ gold and well rated. Try picking a tier 1 or 2 psu from this list. Something like this or this would be nice.

Edit: Realized the first link was to a 500W psu. I'd give yourself more headroom than that for overclocking.

16 minutes ago, JTBarber said:

I hadnt thought about that thanks

You can see them from inside the case though since you've got the side window. Or you can save some money in your budget and get black fans to blend in with the front. 

14 minutes ago, JTBarber said:

Would overclocking really make it go over 750W ? 

I have no idea. Perhaps someone else knows.

it's time

3 hours ago, danejesse1 said:

If youre spending $75 on a psu it should be at least 80+ gold and well rated. Try picking a tier 1 or 2 psu from this list. Something like this or this would be nice.

Edit: Realized the first link was to a 500W psu. I'd give yourself more headroom than that for overclocking.

Ive heard a lot about sli and having to graphics cards, if i ever decided to do that do you know if it would be possible in my build

10 minutes ago, JTBarber said:

Ive heard a lot about sli and having to graphics cards, if i ever decided to do that do you know if it would be possible in my build

I'd usually say its better to have one great card rather than having two good cards in sli, since you don't great perfect (or even great) scaling. But since you already have a 1080ti the only next step is having two of them. I'd say 500W is cutting it too close for one card, and 750W is cutting it too close for two cards. If you're pretty sure that you want to run sli in the future you might as well go with a 850W or higher psu. I'm not really sure what is recommended, I just know 750W is probably not enough.

I'd usually say its better to have one great card rather than having two good cards in sli, since you don't great perfect (or even great) scaling. But since you already have a 1080ti the only next step is having two of them. I'd say 500W is cutting it too close for one card, and 750W is cutting it too close for two cards. If you're pretty sure that you want to run sli in the future you might as well go with a 850W or higher psu. I'm not really sure what is recommended, I just know 750W is probably not enough.

Would sli with 2 1080tis benifit me at allif one day i did that

8 minutes ago, JTBarber said:

Would sli with 2 1080tis benifit me at allif one day i did that

It really depends on your setup and definition of value. If you are running 4k and play games that are optimized for sli, it could be a great value. If you were playing at 1080p, it could (in some cases) hurt your performance. I'd recommend looking at this video (specifically 13:57). They were using 1070s but the same logic holds. I'm no expert on SLI, so I'd recommend on looking for articles or videos that specifically show a 1080 ti vs 1080 ti sli.

It really depends on your setup and definition of value. If you are running 4k and play games that are optimized for sli, it could be a great value. If you were playing at 1080p, it could (in some cases) hurt your performance. I'd recommend looking at this video (specifically 13:57). They were using 1070s but the same logic holds. I'm no expert on SLI, so I'd recommend on looking for articles or videos that specifically show a 1080 ti vs 1080 ti sli.

Okay, Thank you