1070 incompatible with Corsair PSU?

Get a CX(non m or m) unit instead, still pretty cheap(especially with rebates) and has the PCIe connectors you need.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 addictional PCI-Express pcie8-pin power connector is needed.

It literally says it.

There isn't a 8 pin power connector on the PSU, get a better one.

You're buying a 1070....and a firebomb PSU to power it. Good luck, hope you have insurance against home fires!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Looking at the images it would seem the VS has 2 6 pin connectors and no 8 pins.  that 1070 needs 1 8 pin

i'd look at SeaSonics new Focus series of PSU's

3 minutes ago, JJamali said:

No clue why these are incompatible. Help would be greatly appreciated. 

Literally says right in your screenshot...

"8 pin power connector is needed"

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

You're buying a 1070....and a firebomb PSU to power it. Good luck, hope you have insurance against home fires!

white label isnt the firebomb they say green label used to be, but that doesnt make this thing a good idea to pair with a high power GPU.

corsair VS is the kind of power supply you'd put in grandma's desktop, and maybe have something like RX560 for jimmie to play the minecrafts on.

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

white label isnt the firebomb they say green label used to be, but that doesnt make this thing a good idea to pair with a high power GPU.

corsair VS is the kind of power supply you'd put in grandma's desktop, and maybe have something like RX560 for jimmie to play the minecrafts on.

Old VS's were orange label. Probably to hint at the outcome of using high-end parts with one of them. I mean the name even stands for Very S**t so xD 

Granted the grey/white labelled ones are slightly better since they were revised.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

VS series aren't exactly known for their reliability... Also it just features 6 pin pci-e plugs. Just get a good PSU for your 1070s sake.

The corsair site is very confusing in this matter. Every PSU listed in their PSU specification table has entries listed for 6+2 pcie cables, none of them seem to ship with only 6-pin cables.

Also, all of the supplies over 500W are listed as having 2x pcie connectors each.

I would stay away from that psu. The GPU you selected includes a 2x6-pin to 8-pin adapter, but there's no real way to confirm if the PSU even has 2x 6-pin cables - the images certainly don't show it, and the official corsair page uses the same ones. 

80+ white means it's pretty much using the cheapest (or oldest) internal design that they could get away with while still getting an 80+ rating. Considering how many decent 650w+ bronze or better PSUs are out there for a decent price, it's probably best to simply pick a different PSU, one that you know will actually work.

oh just realized the pictures on amazon's website show it comes with a 2 6 pin to 1 8 pin adapter, but i'd still say get a better psu

yeaaaah don't cheap out on a powersupply... powersupplies can kill your entire build if they go wrong.

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

Luckily for you!

EVGA is having a Black Friday PSU sale!

And it's on some Truly Really good PSU's, like this one!

EVGA G2 650W PSU is now available for only $10 more than that... thing

found HERE

Edited by Maxxtraxx
shpelling

3 hours ago, JJamali said:

PSU: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01MXM83A3/?tag=pcp0f-20

GPU:https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01GX5YWAO/?tag=pcp0f-20

image.png.7e40a1cd8944cbd235e4abaf4588415d.png

No clue why these are incompatible. Help would be greatly appreciated. 

Where is this flagged as incompatible?  I need to send them an email to correct it. 

The VS600 has TWO 6+2-pin PCIe connectors.  It's TOTALLY compatible.

2 hours ago, Tabs said:

The corsair site is very confusing in this matter. Every PSU listed in their PSU specification table has entries listed for 6+2 pcie cables, none of them seem to ship with only 6-pin cables.

All Corsair PSUs have 6+2-pin PCIe power connectors.  Never 6-pin.

2 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

All Corsair PSUs have 6+2-pin PCIe power connectors.  Never 6-pin.

Exactly why it was confusing. There's nothing that confirms this VS600 has them. It isn't even listed on their PSU spec sheet, only the 550 and 650 ones are.

Just now, Tabs said:

Exactly why it was confusing. There's nothing that confirms this VS600 has them. It isn't even listed on their PSU spec sheet, only the 550 and 650 ones are.

Because you're looking at the old VS.

The new VS with the gray labels are completely different.

Just now, jonnyGURU said:

Because you're looking at the old VS.

The new VS with the gray labels are completely different.

Which again, adds to the confusion. The product sheet I looked at was the one linked on the page for the VS600.

Yeah, and it doesn't specify they are 6+2. The images don't show 6+2 connectors, and the "PSU Specification Sheet" listed under "Downloads" on that exact same product page doesn't have the VS600 listed. 

Edit: It was that product page I was referring to.

Like I said, it's confusing. Your average consumer is never going to have an exact idea of what they are buying with this product. Which is why everyone responding here suggested they don't buy this particular model.

That's some serious nit-picking right there.

It also doesn't say they're just 6-pin either, does it?