Razer Phone or Google Pixel 2 XL

jaytrl

i'm having a hard time deciding. please help lol. thanks

Depends on if you prefer the pixel 2 xl or the razer phone.

It's up to you.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It's up to you.

It's up to you.

i know it's up to me. i posted this so i can get other people's opinion. smh

1 minute ago, L.Lawliet said:

Pixel 2 XL heard razer phone had a battery issues.

didn't hear that. what's wrong with the battery?

Well I mean they both have very obvious differences. Do you really need a 120Hz phone? Or is a 2:1 display and more third party support (case-wise) more enticing to you?

If it were me, I'd go with the Pixel 2 XL personally. LG has a better track record for making phones than Nextbit, though now that they're owned by Razer they seem to have figured it out.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Just now, jaytrl said:

i know it's up to me. i posted this so i can get other people's opinion. smh

Why would other people know what your preferences are?

They only know what their preferences are, not yours.

They aren't going to be the ones using the phone, you are.

So just watch a review of each phone and choose which features are most important to you and pick the phone based on that.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Pixel 2 XL heard razer phone had a battery issues.

There's nothing wrong with the battery, it's got some of the best battery life on a phone even at 120Hz.

Spoiler

Why would other people know what your preferences are?

They only know what their preferences are, not yours.

They aren't going to be the ones using the phone, you are.

So just watch a review of each phone and choose which features are most important to you and pick the phone based on that.

you're so troll. lol it's simple: i just want to know what other ppl prefer. did i ask for you all to decide for me? jesus christ. it's a simple question. 

3 minutes ago, TheSLSAMG said:

Well I mean they both have very obvious differences. Do you really need a 120Hz phone? Or is a 2:1 display and more third party support (case-wise) more enticing to you?

If it were me, I'd go with the Pixel 2 XL personally. LG has a better track record for making phones than Nextbit, though now that they're owned by Razer they seem to have figured it out.

yeah that's the problem lol. i want that 120Hz screen but i want googles quick software updates. it's a hard decision lol. first world problems

10 minutes ago, jaytrl said:

you're so troll. lol it's simple: i just want to know what other ppl prefer. did i ask for you all to decide for me? jesus christ. it's a simple question. 

So you're going to make your purchasing decision based of the personal preference of others?

...?

Did you even think this through?

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

So you're going to make your purchasing decision based of the personal preference of others?

...?

Did you even think this through?

kind of yeah. i was going to flip a coin but i just wanted someone else's perspective. is that a problem? does this bother you? i'm sorry if this bothers you and pissed you off. you mad bro? 

2 hours ago, jaytrl said:

kind of yeah. i was going to flip a coin but i just wanted someone else's perspective. is that a problem? does this bother you? i'm sorry if this bothers you and pissed you off. you mad bro? 

Honestly those two phones are completely different from eachother, which is why most people choose to read many reviews and make informed decisions before wasting money on something they might hate.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

No, just sounds like a dumb way to spend hundreds of dollars, and giving other people the responsibility instead of being able to make your own choice.

Honestly those two phones are completely different from eachother, which is why most people choose to read many reviews and make informed decisions before wasting money on something they might hate.

lol. it's funny how you think it's a 'responsibility' i just wanted other ppl's opinion. it's not like i was going to just pick the phone ppl chose the most. lol. and how do you know i didn't read reviews or watch videos on it? maybe this is my last resort before making a definite decision. you sound like you have no friends and all you do is try to pick fights on posts and make a big deal out of nothing. you need to relax kid. 

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

No, just sounds like a dumb way to spend hundreds of dollars, and giving other people the responsibility instead of being able to make your own choice.

here's a similar guy having a hard time deciding. but it's between the pixel xl and the s8. why don't you go attack him and tell him what you told me. bye

2 minutes ago, jaytrl said:

it's not like i was going to just pick the phone ppl chose the most.

That's definitely what you made your post sound like :P

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

That's definitely what you made your post sound like :P

all you had to do was type what phone you'd choose and if you wanted to explain why. idk why you over complicated something so simple and turned it into something it's not

1 minute ago, jaytrl said:

here's a similar guy having a hard time deciding. but it's between the pixel xl and the s8. why don't you go attack him and tell him what you told me. bye

If you read that guy's post he actually describes what he likes and dislikes and why he's having issues deciding.

Also the Pixel and S8 are extremely similar phones, unlike the razer phone which is on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Deciding between an XL and an S8 comes down to very minor details such as the screen issues and stuff like that. while a razer phone vs pixel is more about "do you prefer the taste of chocolate or vanilla" which is faaaar more subjective.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

If you read that guy's post he actually describes what he likes and dislikes and why he's having issues deciding.

Also the Pixel and S8 are extremely similar phones, unlike the razer phone which is on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Deciding between an XL and an S8 comes down to very minor details such as the screen issues and stuff like that. while a razer phone vs pixel is more about "do you prefer the taste of chocolate or vanilla" which is faaaar more subjective.

yeah i'm sure you can write a whole article about the different taste of chocolate and vanilla 

Enderman, chill out. It's cool to ask for opinions. That's why this website exists. 

As for which one I haven't been hands-on with the Razer Phone yet but I'll be blown away if it gets long term software support or a competitive update to the camera so take that as you will....... 

How important is a phone camera to you? Because I after watching MKBHD's review on it, he said that was the major dealbreaker of the Razor phone, so it is something think about.

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

if you use your camera frequently, the Pixel 2 for sure

if you'd like your phone's battery to last for a whole day, the Razer phone

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

christ on a bike, forums exist to ask for opinions

I highly doubt anyone would rely solely on a bunch of random people to choose their next phone; they'd definitely watch and read other reviews, but personal experience is worth so much more than a review.

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Polaroid Spectra System

5 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

christ on a bike, forums exist to ask for opinions

I highly doubt anyone would rely solely on a bunch of random people to choose their next phone; they'd definitely watch and read other reviews, but personal experience is worth so much more than a review.

My point is that just like with ice cream flavours, it is completely subjective whether you like one phone or the other.

You either prefer 120Hz and great speakers, or you prefer oled and a good camera and small bezels.

There is nothing that says one option is better than the other except your own personal preference.

It also makes no sense to buy a device based on other people's personal preference, that would be like me buying vanilla ice cream instead of chocolate because more people like vanilla.

I mean, if your goal is follow what the majority wants then sure, you could base your decision off of that, but that's generally not the best way to go about life :) That's all I was trying to say. I guess some people get upset when you tell them that they're the ones that need to decide.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

My point is that just like with ice cream flavours, it is completely subjective whether you like one phone or the other.

You either prefer 120Hz and great speakers, or you prefer oled and a good camera and small bezels.

There is nothing that says one option is better than the other except your own personal preference.

It also makes no sense to buy a device based on other people's personal preference, that would be like me buying vanilla ice cream instead of chocolate because more people like vanilla.

I mean, if your goal is follow what the majority wants then sure, you could base your decision off of that, but that's generally not the best way to go about life :) That's all I was trying to say. I guess some people get upset when you tell them that they're the ones that need to decide.

then why watch reviews?

aren't they just, "other people's personal preference"?

Polaroid Spectra System