ssd is derping.

i have a TB HD i use for mass storage, a 64 GB ssd i use for special programs, and a 128 GB ssd i use to boot/very special programs.  the 64 GB ssd was working fine until i tried to put origin on it and install BF4 it just stopped being recognized.  i cant see it in storage manager, it wont appear on my board manager on my msi GD-65. and i cant seem to to get it to be seen by anything.  any ideas? 

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

RIP. check cables and switch sata ports and hope its not dead

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

If it's an OCZ Vertex 2, it's a well known issue with no real fix. Try rebooting a few times to see if you can get the motherboard to pick it up.

i have a TB HD i use for mass storage, a 64 GB ssd i use for special programs, and a 128 GB ssd i use to boot/very special programs.  the 64 GB ssd was working fine until i tried to put origin on it and install BF4 it just stopped being recognized.  i cant see it in storage manager, it wont appear on my board manager on my msi GD-65. and i cant seem to to get it to be seen by anything.  any ideas? 

Origin: EA ;)

It's a well know issue if it's a OCZ Vertex 2 with no good fix so nothing good to do :/ RMA it?

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

its  a WD drive. 

i blame EA.....

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

If the SSD was bought to improve a gaming rig I will kill the op.  I hate SSDs and still don't have one to this day.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

If it's an OCZ Vertex 2, it's a well known issue with no real fix. Try rebooting a few times to see if you can get the motherboard to pick it up.

Yup what he said... OCZ Vertex 2 used the terrible Sand force set, they commonly just die without any warning :(

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Yup what he said... OCZ Vertex 2 used the terrible Sand force set, they commonly just die without any warning :(

Well mine works, it just isn't always picked up on boot.

If the SSD was bought to improve a gaming rig I will kill the op.  I hate SSDs and still don't have one to this day.

lol first off i got it for FREE from someone that had an extra, and its to improve launch times.  also get an ssd for your OS theres no reason to hate something that makes  your pc boot like lightning.  

lol first off i got it for FREE from someone that had an extra, and its to improve launch times.  also get an ssd for your OS theres no reason to hate something that makes  your pc boot like lightning.  

Pay good money for a device that increases boot times and the thing will eventually die if it is written to too much.  Uh I think I can think of better ways to spend money for my pcs.  Also I don't often turn my pc off and so boot times mean nothing and even if I did turn it off all the time really can I not just go do something quickly that needs to be done while I wait for my pc to boot up with a regular hard drive?  Yes I think I can.  

As for the insult you made it was not needed.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I think is that all that happened is you got a flakey drive (normal) and did not have trim turned on

Aselwyn1