4k, 27"+, G-sync options?

mcpingvin

Yo!

I'm looking to replace my wall mounted Samsung 32" TV which is currently my gaming/content consuming screen. Since i have two GTX1080 in SLI, I'm thinking about something 4k, 60Hz with G-sync, 27" or more. I'm willing to take a cut in the display size department since 32" models are rather pricey, to say the least.

So far I've zeroed in Acer Predator XB281HK, but is there anything else I'm missing that's crucial and I should look into? That model is around 600€ here and I'd prefer not to spend much more than that if possible.

3 minutes ago, mcpingvin said:

Yo!

I'm looking to replace my wall mounted Samsung 32" TV which is currently my gaming/content consuming screen. Since i have two GTX1080 in SLI, I'm thinking about something 4k, 60Hz with G-sync, 27" or more. I'm willing to take a cut in the display size department since 32" models are rather pricey, to say the least.

So far I've zeroed in Acer Predator XB281HK, but is there anything else I'm missing that's crucial and I should look into? That model is around 600€ here and I'd prefer not to spend much more than that if possible.

G-Sync is for anything over 60Hz.

If your just looking to achieve 60Hz - 60FPS your options will be much broader, especially considering that G-Sync monitors are very expensive.

"Those who are last are sideways and smiling". - Jeremy Clarkson

1 minute ago, NPSTR107 said:

If your just looking for 60Hz, but something 4K and large enough to replace your TV, you could get something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-BDM4350UC-43-Inch-IPS-LED-Monitor/dp/B01E18XRY2

That's way to big. I have two aditional 22" monitors that are below the current TV and this behemoth would kill my eyes and neck.

I know that g-sync cost some mad $$$, but all I've read about it points that it's good even under 60FPS, which I'm guessing I'll be in AAA titles with dual GTX1080 on 4k resolution.

14 minutes ago, NPSTR107 said:

G-Sync is for anything over 60Hz

I totally agree with that.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

19 minutes ago, mcpingvin said:

I'm thinking about something 4k, 60Hz with G-sync, 27" or more

I would recommend 1440p 27" or larger. 1440p on a 27" panel still looks amazing. And when you get to see how 144Hz feels like, you won't wanna go back.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

I'm not sure that I'll get enough games over 60FPS in the near future at higher resolutions. With 1440p maybe...