Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Build for grandpa

Walt
 Share

Hi everyone,

My grandpa needs a new pc. He absolutely does not need a very fast system. He will mostly mail and google. He asked to me to give him a 'price line'. How much money do you suggest putting into a system?

I was thinking about ryzen 3 but it is maybe overkill and has no integrated graphics. (Is there a reason to get a dedicated GPU? No right?) 

Any advise is appreciated!

Thanks :D


PS: he uses zoomtext (a program for visually impaired people) if that is necessary to know

My own build: RΛZΞR theme

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

Video Card: MSI Armor gtx 1070 OC 8GB // RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz //  

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB // HDD: 2x WD yellow edition 2TB //

Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition // Power Supply: Corsair RM550x //         

Operating Software: Windows 10 pro 64-bit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

$300 should work, something like this will be more than enough:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($77.77 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Rosewill - FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($16.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $299.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-20 11:10 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Walt said:

Hi everyone,

My grandpa needs a new pc. He absolutely does not need a very fast system. He will mostly mail and google. He asked to me to give him a 'price line'. How much money do you suggest putting into a system?

I was thinking about ryzen 3 but it is maybe overkill and has no integrated graphics. (Is there a reason to get a dedicated GPU? No right?) 

Any advise is appreciated!

Thanks :D

 

good build for this purpose:

I assume you know how to get windows for 20 bucks

Component   Selection Price  
CPU 41xjeiOr-SL.jpg $77.29 Buy
Motherboard 61myntEMJSL.jpg $55.49 Buy
Memory 31BSpYdC1eL.jpg $56.88 Buy
Storage 57c876b03c3fe8e5a30138b8d2481d8f.256p.jpg $149.99 Buy
Case 51xUVKWWYSL.jpg $45.99 Buy
Power Supply 41RhpexjxUL.jpg $44.99 Buy
Optical Drive 6f533c54d93b7bd4228c572edab0748c.256p.jpg $16.29 Buy
Total: $446.92  

   \/\/\/\/\/-----     LTT'S OFFICIAL NORMIE    -----\/\/\/\/\/   

/\/\/\/\/\----------                 MY RIG                ----------/\/\/\/\/\

CPU:    Core 2 duo e8500 @ 3.16 GHz   RAM:   4GB Crucial DDR2 800 MHz   GPU:   EVGA GTX 1050 Ti SSC   Case:   Corsair carbide SPEC-01   Storage:   250 GB Samsung Spinner + 80 GB spinner +120 GB Kingston SSD Display(s):   Dell SE2417HGR   Cooling:   3x corsair 140mm led fans and unidentifiable HP CPU cooler Keyboard And Mouse:   Bluefinger gaming mouse and keyboard bundle      Sound:    Harman/Kardon HK695  Operating System:   W10

 

Other tech I own: IPhone 6s, 2006 IMac, Xbox one (Ahem...), Le noice forum browsing Chromebook, iPad air 2, IPad mini original, a crapload of iPods (the awesome MP3 ones), cable, Iphone 5S, Iphone 3s

 

My PCPartpicker

 

Favorite brands:

Corsair, Kingston, Western Digital, Harman/Kardon, EVGA, and G-Skill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JDK319 said:

You probably don't even need 8 GB RAM OR and SSD if the budget's tight

dude its 400 bucks... chill...

   \/\/\/\/\/-----     LTT'S OFFICIAL NORMIE    -----\/\/\/\/\/   

/\/\/\/\/\----------                 MY RIG                ----------/\/\/\/\/\

CPU:    Core 2 duo e8500 @ 3.16 GHz   RAM:   4GB Crucial DDR2 800 MHz   GPU:   EVGA GTX 1050 Ti SSC   Case:   Corsair carbide SPEC-01   Storage:   250 GB Samsung Spinner + 80 GB spinner +120 GB Kingston SSD Display(s):   Dell SE2417HGR   Cooling:   3x corsair 140mm led fans and unidentifiable HP CPU cooler Keyboard And Mouse:   Bluefinger gaming mouse and keyboard bundle      Sound:    Harman/Kardon HK695  Operating System:   W10

 

Other tech I own: IPhone 6s, 2006 IMac, Xbox one (Ahem...), Le noice forum browsing Chromebook, iPad air 2, IPad mini original, a crapload of iPods (the awesome MP3 ones), cable, Iphone 5S, Iphone 3s

 

My PCPartpicker

 

Favorite brands:

Corsair, Kingston, Western Digital, Harman/Kardon, EVGA, and G-Skill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

He definitely wants a SSD :D

Thanks for all the suggestions!

My own build: RΛZΞR theme

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

Video Card: MSI Armor gtx 1070 OC 8GB // RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz //  

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB // HDD: 2x WD yellow edition 2TB //

Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition // Power Supply: Corsair RM550x //         

Operating Software: Windows 10 pro 64-bit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

i have a build for my grandpa let me pull it up real quick ah here it is

 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/q3gVJV

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($77.77 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: 
Gigabyte - GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 ($76.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.00 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($37.99 @ SuperBiiz)

  Total Price $351.73      
           
     

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, linustouchtips said:

i have a build for my grandpa let me pull it up real quick ah here it is

 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/q3gVJV

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($77.77 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: 
Gigabyte - GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 ($76.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.00 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($37.99 @ SuperBiiz)

  Total Price $351.73      
           
     

 

 

 

 

Is a intel Pentium a downgrade from a i3 (not sure which but like 5 years old)

My own build: RΛZΞR theme

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

Video Card: MSI Armor gtx 1070 OC 8GB // RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz //  

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB // HDD: 2x WD yellow edition 2TB //

Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition // Power Supply: Corsair RM550x //         

Operating Software: Windows 10 pro 64-bit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, seon123 said:

Won't work, it doesn't have a GPU

the mobo comes with an iGPU, but i wouldn't recommend the FX at all.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 20-11-2017 at 5:10 PM, herman mcpootis said:

$300 should work, something like this will be more than enough:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($77.77 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Rosewill - FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($16.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $299.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-20 11:10 EST-0500

Do I need to flash the bios if I use this mobo/cpu combo?

My own build: RΛZΞR theme

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

Video Card: MSI Armor gtx 1070 OC 8GB // RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz //  

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB // HDD: 2x WD yellow edition 2TB //

Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition // Power Supply: Corsair RM550x //         

Operating Software: Windows 10 pro 64-bit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Walt said:

Do I need to flash the bios if I use this mobo/cpu combo?

doubt it, it's been over a year since kabylake was out and the motherboard BIOSes were updated.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×