Laptop automatically disconnect battery and turns off while gaming??

Hower

Hello beautiful and knowledgeable people. Please save my laptop :)

SO i've had an MSI gt70 2PC Dominator for almost 4 years now. It has worked perfectly until about 2 weeks ago when something started happening. 
While gaming and ONLY while gaming after random periods of time my laptop shuts off by itself. The battery disconnects for a brief moment and after that it shuts down.
It only happens while gaming and never while doing anything else.
I've run stress tests on the CPU,GPU and RAM and everything seemed to be alright.
The battery has kinda been dead for a while now. What i mean by that is it can only last about 5-10 minutes if unplugged and that's it. However the problem occurs WHILE it's plugged in and at different battery %. 
I don't know if this is related or not but my battery indicator seems to absolutely ALWAYS say "plugged in not charging."

I've ran SpeedFan to look at my temperatures and unfortunately i dont have the knowledge to know if they are high or not for a laptop but the hottest part is always the CPU at around ~80-85C While gaming.

I've made sure i've got all of my drivers up to date as well just in case.

What could be the cause of this problem ?

Thanks to anyone who tries to help in advance.

I'd start by ordering a new charger. If that doesn't fix it, a new battery. If that doesn't fix it, I don't know what to tell you.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

I'd start by ordering a new charger. If that doesn't fix it, a new battery. If that doesn't fix it, I don't know what to tell you.

i was hoping i can maybe try to resolve this without spending money....

17 minutes ago, Hower said:

AFAIK, no, you can't.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I've got the EXACT same issues, getting a new laptop this friday though.  Based on those temps I'd guess it's thermal emergency shutdowns.  Try cleaning the fans, that didn't save my laptop but it might save yours.

Ok lets start somewhere. Get hwmonitor and post your temps after stressing a lil (launch a game). Second, get your battery out and play wired for a couple days see what it does. Lets see what you got :)

9 hours ago, ArduinoBen said:

I've got the EXACT same issues, getting a new laptop this friday though.  Based on those temps I'd guess it's thermal emergency shutdowns.  Try cleaning the fans, that didn't save my laptop but it might save yours.

Maybe you didnt do it right?

9 hours ago, ArduinoBen said:

Those Temps are fine for laptops.

9 hours ago, Hower said:

Try using a power strip? if you are try using a direct outlet, my roommate had this issue too. His was resolved my re-enabling the GPU

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

32GB corsair LPX ddr4 ram 

3 hours ago, Goildzy said:

Ok lets start somewhere. Get hwmonitor and post your temps after stressing a lil (launch a game). Second, get your battery out and play wired for a couple days see what it does. Lets see what you got :)

i have posted the temps right before shutdown in the original description of the problem. Also as i've mentioned as well doing it on wired does the exact same thing. Doesnt matter if the battery is in or not

3 hours ago, That-Something_ said:

Those Temps are fine for laptops.

Try using a power strip? if you are try using a direct outlet, my roommate had this issue too. His was resolved my re-enabling the GPU

what do you mean a power strip ? whats that

Tey refit your ram and a diff power source ? Is that adapter old?

2 minutes ago, Goildzy said:

Tey refit your ram and a diff power source ? Is that adapter old?

its 4 years old. it came with the laptop.

Ok so try refit ur ram , tighten your cpu. (If ur experienced with screwing inside your device just clean ur cpu and refit + cool paste).  It might be your power adapter, tho your battery only works 10 min thats not right either. But since on a/c power it happens too its obv not that, but it could be a faulty adapter. Also in your gpu stress tests what did you use? Youre 100% sure tbis happens while gaming? If so is it a constant turn off of the machine, and i mean like for example: drops off after 10-15 min of gaming. Or is it more like random in different periods from long to short. Do you know your GPU temps? I think throttles for laptops sit around 85c allready. Did you ever take out ur cpu radiator and fan and clean out a fat layer of dust?

8 minutes ago, Goildzy said:

Ok so try refit ur ram , tighten your cpu. (If ur experienced with screwing inside your device just clean ur cpu and refit + cool paste).  It might be your power adapter, tho your battery only works 10 min thats not right either. But since on a/c power it happens too its obv not that, but it could be a faulty adapter. Also in your gpu stress tests what did you use? Youre 100% sure tbis happens while gaming? If so is it a constant turn off of the machine, and i mean like for example: drops off after 10-15 min of gaming. Or is it more like random in different periods from long to short. Do you know your GPU temps? I think throttles for laptops sit around 85c allready. Did you ever take out ur cpu radiator and fan and clean out a fat layer of dust?

the only reason i haven't opened my laptop yet is because i've never done it before. I've built loads of PCs but never done anything to a laptop so i'm a bit hesitant i might mess something up and damage a component even more.
As far as the turning off it's random. sometimes it happens after 15 mins sometimes after 1 hour.
The GPU temps were fine both after gaming and stress testing.
If what you're saying about throttles is true then that might be it because my CPU DOES go up that high and around that temeprature turns off.

Yeh i mostly set (unocked bios) the throttlr on off and my trip points to 90c and a 65c fan on. Ifyoure experienced with building pc's its gonna be not that hard. You dont (most likely) need to tear your whole laptop apart but just a tiny part. If you never opened it im sure its a temp problem after 4 years of gathering dust. There wilk be probably a bar of what looks like some Glassfiber wool of dust lol. If not than damn you are clean as hell. There is probably plenty of "dissembling take-a-part videos" for your tab or family.

1 minute ago, Goildzy said:

Yeh i mostly set (unocked bios) the throttlr on off and my trip points to 90c and a 65c fan on. Ifyoure experienced with building pc's its gonna be not that hard. You dont (most likely) need to tear your whole laptop apart but just a tiny part. If you never opened it im sure its a temp problem after 4 years of gathering dust. There wilk be probably a bar of what looks like some Glassfiber wool of dust lol. If not than damn you are clean as hell. There is probably plenty of "dissembling take-a-part videos" for your tab or family.

i might take a look at some videos and guides then as how to do it without damaging anything :D

3 minutes ago, Hower said:

i might take a look at some videos and guides then as how to do it without damaging anything :D

Its prob one cover and under it is all kinds of stuff like gpu cpu maybe ur ram and ur hdd they coild be separated tho.  Yeh you need some small screwdriver kit for 2 dollar. Watch out with the fan they tend to be fragile blades :) just clean with sum cottons between em and make sure everytbing is dust free. Damaging wont occur unless you are drunk, its with phones where damaging stuff is where i watch out for. Goodluck, dont forget to post back here.

• 2 weeks later...

so yeah i've opened it up, cleaned it (there wasn't any dust pretty much to be honest), changed the paste and tested the temps after. There was a small difference of like 5-7 C which isnt all that much considering my CPU is running on like 60 on idle but yeah.... it's still happening even after all that.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorey for late reply. Did you specifically look behind the radiator at the outlet of the air? Where the copper leads to. Look inside the radiator. Have you had any driver updates lately (gpu, chipset)?