Unable to Display PC to TV on 60fps

Chris_linge
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
1 hour ago, Chris_linge said:

Hi guys,

As title suggests, I am unable to display 60fps on my smart tv (Samsung Q7) from my PC.

Am using the TV as monitor. Gaming is smooth af but when watching youtube or movies it locks at 30hz. Went to Windows display adjustment page (attached pic "Windows settings") and couldnt select anything more than 30hz. So i went to the AMD additional settings (attached "AMD settings") and it displays as maximum reported refresh rate at 75hz but I cannot change anything here. Pls see below my PC specs:

Processor: Intel i5-6600K at 3.5ghz

8GB ram

GPU: AMD R9 390 - clock 1040mhz 8GB GDDR5 memory

Thanks in advance.

HDMI 1.4 has a max of 4K 30 Hz, you need HDMI 2.0 for 4K 60 Hz.

You need to use one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-DisplayPort-Supports-displays-3840x2160/dp/B00S0C7QO8/

Hi guys,

As title suggests, I am unable to display 60fps on my smart tv (Samsung Q7) from my PC.

Am using the TV as monitor. Gaming is smooth af but when watching youtube or movies it locks at 30hz. Went to Windows display adjustment page (attached pic "Windows settings") and couldnt select anything more than 30hz. So i went to the AMD additional settings (attached "AMD settings") and it displays as maximum reported refresh rate at 75hz but I cannot change anything here. Pls see below my PC specs:

8GB ram

Thanks in advance.

Windows settings.png

AMD settings.png

1 hour ago, Chris_linge said:

Hi guys,

8GB ram

Thanks in advance.

HDMI 1.4 has a max of 4K 30 Hz, you need HDMI 2.0 for 4K 60 Hz.

You need to use one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-DisplayPort-Supports-displays-3840x2160/dp/B00S0C7QO8/

41 minutes ago, Chris_linge said:

Hi Glenwing. I'm wondering if this cable will suffice as I have trouble looking for the display port you recommended: 

https://en.j5create.com/products/jdc42?variant=39405303684

No you need a DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 active adapter, not a DisplayPort cable, because the TV will not have a DisplayPort input port.

On 20/11/2017 at 11:43 AM, Glenwing said:

No you need a DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 active adapter, not a DisplayPort cable, because the TV will not have a DisplayPort input port.

Hi just an update. I got what u believe is a similar product to the one you recommended but the display became weird..kindly see the attached photos

20171127_184336.jpg

20171127_184352.jpg

Hey nvm I solved it by changing the hz in the settings and the display became normal again. Finally sweet 4k at 60fps. Thanks Glenwing!

4 minutes ago, Chris_linge said:

Hi just an update. I got what u believe is a similar product to the one you recommended but the display became weird..kindly see the attached photos

20171127_184336.jpg

20171127_184352.jpg

he means that the hdmi port due to being below 2.0 is limited at the specs

display port to hdmi is fine if its 2.0 and and and your hdmi cable is 2.0 spec(cat5 vs cat6 eth cables,,,cat 5 has 100mhz timings while cat6 has 250mhz)

hdmi is same way as signals travel down wires they do output micro wifi waves that will cause signal interference to other wires in the cable