Computer Running Extremely Slow With New Hardware

Go to solution Solved by TheBLOODYTOXIC,

A Clean Reinstall of Win 7 Would Help if you had done this well Go and Download DriverPack Solution to check all your drivers 

Hey guys! I recently upgraded my computer, since things were pretty cheap during the Black Friday sales, and I have noticed my computer is running extremely slow. At first It was insane, everything was buttery smooth, as I expected for the money I payed. After around a week things just stopped. Boot up time went from around 20 seconds to a couple minutes, Games went from 120FPS to 20-30. Even opening up Firefox is slow! I made sure my Ram and CPU were running fine, and they were, Computer also realizes there are 2 graphics cards. It feels like it started after I authenticated my windows 7, but I don't know if that is the reason.

Specs:

Changed Hardware:

4770-K CPU

8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

z87-A Asus Motherboard

Hardware From Old Build:

Dual EVGA GTX 670's

TX750W Corsair PSU

500GB WD Caviar Black

Cooler Master Cosmos S - Modded like crazy ;)

Some help would make my day, thanks!

Was it a cracked copy of win 7?

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Not really sure but I'd at least do a virus scan or/and make sure the hard drive isn't fragmented, other than that I have no idea what to recommend.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

It might just be my poor reading skills but I have to make sure, you completely formatted and did a clean install of your OS right?

Only other advice I could offer is to look into updating mobo BIOS, though I doubt that would fix much seeing as you got a new CPU as well.

As an example, if the boot up time is stuck on the BIOS start screen, check that out, if its stuck on the windows loading screen, reinstall OS and see if that makes things better. How old is your hard drive?

Well, back up your data and do a fresh install of Windows. Slap the drivers on and run it bare (i.e. the programs you need to run) for a while. If everything is working good, slowly put updates on it, and then do your programs. If you notice it slow down after a certain thing, you found your culprit.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

A Clean Reinstall of Win 7 Would Help if you had done this well Go and Download DriverPack Solution to check all your drivers 

I never did a fresh install, I just booted it up and Authenticated my non-cracked copy of Windows. Looks like I might have to wipe it...

I never did a fresh install, I just booted it up and Authenticated my non-cracked copy of Windows. Looks like I might have to wipe it...

There is a first time for everything! but reinstall works like always.

Fresh re-intall seemed to help, thanks guys :3

having a similar problem updated ram and gpu and added a soundcard. keep bsoding and its slowrr than before. took out the old OCs which I forgot to take out but the reformat is scheduled already. 19.12 whenthe last exam is done and I have time to do so xD

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...