Can a GTX 1080 do 144Hz @ 1440p reliably?

ZenMonkey

The monitor I really want doesn't come with a g-sync variant (currently debating between the Samsung C34F791 or the SAMSUNG C32HG70;why does Samsung hate g-sync?), so I'm curious if my 1080 will perform reliably or if I should focus on only g-sync monitors?

Depends on games and settings. Heck, even 1080ti cant do all games at that FPS reliably on Ultra in many games.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

Depends on games and settings. Heck, even 1080ti cant do all games at that FPS reliably on Ultra in many games.

What about 1080 ti sli?

Oh yeah, I guess I should have said which games I play. Primarily I've been playing Destiny 2 and Overwatch lately. I'm on a playthrough of Witcher 3, and sometimes boot up Warhammer Total War (first one) or Diablo 3. That's most of what I've played over the past few months. My primary concerns are Destiny 2 and Overwatch for maintaining the 144fps rate.

Overwatch:1080 will easily hit the 144fps objective, as long as you are on high settings.

Destiny wise... I cant say @1440p but 1080p should be fine. Maybe 1440p medium settings?

Witcher is VERY cpu heavy, so i cant say it will reach the 144fps without knowing the cpu your using, plus there might not be many benchmarks on youtube on your especific cpu at lower settings(to reach 144fps avrg)