New Gaming Rig crashing randomly

FlyingNun

Apologies in advance for the long post but I'm desperate for a fix here. So I recently finished building my gaming rig and have been having trouble running it due to random crashes. Initially, I was able to power on the PC, loaded the OS ( Win 10 Pro), installed a couple of games (Witcher 3, Battlefield 1) and everything was running fine until I started playing Battlefield 1 on ultra settings. About 45 mins later the PC crashed and stops displaying. I restarted the PC multiple times, every part is running except the display. For w/e reason I installed Windows and redid the installation of all the games. Now, this is where it started getting edgy, I restarted the PC and got weird green images on bootup as seen in the images below. 

20171113_170548.thumb.jpg.6b9d2b42f91bf1d23e5c30194e0461d2.jpg20171115_212240.thumb.jpg.61ba0ba61b58309d21f19f3d3caf70c9.jpg

Here's a short video of the Windows login machine with the green screen

And when I start the game -

Motherboard video of lights blinking before the PC crashes

I've gone through the Mobo manual and the amber light blinking at the very end means something bad but I don't know what it is yet. I've swapped the RAM to different slots, reset the CMOS battery and all the measures I could. I'm hoping the community here will show me way out of this.

My build is 

Ryzen 5 1600

ASUS ROG Strix B350F

Zotac 1080ti AMP Extreme edition

G.SKILL Trident  F4-3200C14D-16GTZR

Corsair 750W PSU

Edit: I did a fresh install of GPU drivers as well. Zotac is not willing to replace the graphic card as they maintain that there is nothing wrong with the GPU itself.

Thanks.

From the images and videos you've included in this post it looks like an issue with your GPU. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

RIP GPU? Try reinstalling GPU drivers if you can.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

try and install chipset drivers, basically ever single driver for u gpu and cpu that the manufacture gives you

Just now, baconxmaster said:

try and install chipset drivers, basically ever single driver for u gpu and cpu that the manufacture gives you

I did that - installed everything that came with the MOBO and GPU CD's as a measure.

6 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Hey - That's the first thing I did (before it crashed)

6 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

3 minutes ago, baconxmaster said:

Problem with that now is it doesn't even allow him to get into Windows and the display hard crashes before that. 

(OP's friend here. We've exhausted almost all soft-fixes such as installing updating BIOS etc.)

do you have msi afterburner check u temps u maybe over heating or something 

Just now, baconxmaster said:

do you have msi afterburner check u temps u maybe over heating or something 

It's not overheating that's for sure. Captured the temp at BIOS it was around 36 degrees 

15 minutes ago, FlyingNun said:

Apologies in advance for the long post but I'm desperate for a fix here. So I recently finished building my gaming rig and have been having trouble running it due to random crashes. Initially, I was able to power on the PC, loaded the OS ( Win 10 Pro), installed a couple of games (Witcher 3, Battlefield 1) and everything was running fine until I started playing Battlefield 1 on ultra settings. About 45 mins later the PC crashed and stops displaying. I restarted the PC multiple times, every part is running except the display. For w/e reason I installed Windows and redid the installation of all the games. Now, this is where it started getting edgy, I restarted the PC and got weird green images on bootup as seen in the images below. 

20171113_170548.thumb.jpg.6b9d2b42f91bf1d23e5c30194e0461d2.jpg20171115_212240.thumb.jpg.61ba0ba61b58309d21f19f3d3caf70c9.jpg

Here's a short video of the Windows login machine with the green screen

And when I start the game -

Motherboard video of lights blinking before the PC crashes

I've gone through the Mobo manual and the amber light blinking at the very end means something bad but I don't know what it is yet. I've swapped the RAM to different slots, reset the CMOS battery and all the measures I could. I'm hoping the community here will show me way out of this.

My build is 

Ryzen 5 1600

ASUS ROG Strix B350F

Corsair 750W PSU

Edit: I did a fresh install of GPU drivers as well. Zotac is not willing to replace the graphic card as they maintain that there is nothing wrong with the GPU itself.

Thanks.

specs?

Just now, CyberFern0 said:

specs?

Ryzen 5 1600

ASUS ROG Strix B350F

Corsair 750W PSU

Just now, CyberFern0 said:

specs?

Ryzen 5 1600

ASUS ROG Strix B350F

Corsair 750W PSU

2 minutes ago, FlyingNun said:

Ryzen 5 1600

ASUS ROG Strix B350F

Corsair 750W PSU

again u could just have a faulty parts just rma what u think is giving you the problem, like take out the gpu and if you have a second system run it on that make sure it works and keep taking parts in and out if u have another pc till you figure out which part is giving you the problem 

10 minutes ago, baconxmaster said:

if youve tryed everything u think off just rma it get a new one.

But he is not sure if its the PSU or GFX card. On this video if you see 

The Mobo at the end has orange-ish blinking. That's when the system (hard)crashes. Did some googling and there is no concrete answer as to which part the Orange LED blinking represents, specifically for ROG Strix B350-F model. Some said it is the PSU some said it could be RAM or GPU and a few answers were the Mobo itself.
So if there could be a place where there is proper documentation of exactly what is the orange blinking error related to which exact component that could be RMA'ed. Can't use guesswork as to what part is faulty and RMA it like that.

Also no scope for swapping out parts from another PC as he doesn't have one.

1 minute ago, blackmambo said:

But he is not sure if its the PSU or GFX card. On this video if you see 

The Mobo at the end has orange-ish blinking. That's when the system (hard)crashes. Did some googling and there is no concrete answer as to which part the Orange LED blinking represents. Some said it is the PSU some said it could be RAM or GPU and a few answers were the Mobo itself.
So if there could be a place where there is proper documentation of exactly what is the orange blinking error related to which exact component that could be RMA'ed. Can't use guesswork as to what part is faulty and RMA it like that.

look in the manual, contact customer support  of asus. not really sure but im sure asus will help and if u got it off amazon rma it thru them asus has a really bad rma system 

6 minutes ago, baconxmaster said:

look in the manual, contact customer support  of asus. not really sure but im sure asus will help and if u got it off amazon rma it thru them asus has a really bad rma system 

We checked in the manual, in fact downloaded and cross-checked the physical one with the one online and there is not a single mention of that specific LED position. It does say about standard bios beep codes and what errors they represent, but he doesn't have a beep speaker.

The problem is OP and me don't live in the same city otherwise cross-checking and plugging in different parts wouldn't be an issue to double down on what specific component(s) is(are) faulty. :/

OP has made a post on ASUS forums I think. Hopefully they can help out to specifically point out what the issue is. He even installed a new RAM stick but it still crashes like that.