Cheap game accounts on ebay

00RaZoR11

I found a few sellers offering "full game accounts" in Battlefield 1 and GTA V for 1-3 usd each.
They say they need an email address, and that's all, the full game is yours. You can set your own password. There's gotta be a catch here. Are they email scammers?
What do you guys think?

My R2700XT build:  r7 2700 @4.1 Ghz max 65C - Sapphire Pulse rx 5700xt @1625Mhz 955mV 1300rpm fans, max 82C - Asrock B450 gaming k4 - Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB @3200mhz CL16 - Be Quiet Straight Power E11 650w - Fractal Meshify C - EK-Kit S240 - NB eLoop 120mm PWM - Be Quiet Shadow Wings 140mm 1000rpm - Bitfenix Spectre LED PWM 120mm - Samsung 250GB 860 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals:  Acer XF270HBbmiiprzx 144hz 1080p TN - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Coolermaster MK750 - CM Storm Reaper - Logitech G303 - Logitech G502 - Logitech G603

Audio:  Hyperx Cloud Stinger - Samson SR850 - Trust Screamer - Creative Gigaworks T20 II

13 minutes ago, 00RaZoR11 said:

I found a few sellers offering "full game accounts" in Battlefield 1 and GTA V for 1-3 usd each.
They say they need an email address, and that's all, the full game is yours. You can set your own password. There's gotta be a catch here. Are they email scammers?
What do you guys think?

Got gta 5 for 5 dollars and it was legit. SOme guy tried to get it back after but I was able to link it by google and the guy didnt notice that so i logged back in and reset the password and linked it back to my email.

3 minutes ago, Reem1k said:

Got gta 5 for 5 dollars and it was legit. SOme guy tried to get it back after but I was able to link it by google and the guy didnt notice that so i logged back in and reset the password and linked it back to my email.

5 minutes ago, fixitnow said:

Sounds like a scam. 

Sounds like these are stolen accounts.

My R2700XT build:  r7 2700 @4.1 Ghz max 65C - Sapphire Pulse rx 5700xt @1625Mhz 955mV 1300rpm fans, max 82C - Asrock B450 gaming k4 - Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB @3200mhz CL16 - Be Quiet Straight Power E11 650w - Fractal Meshify C - EK-Kit S240 - NB eLoop 120mm PWM - Be Quiet Shadow Wings 140mm 1000rpm - Bitfenix Spectre LED PWM 120mm - Samsung 250GB 860 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals:  Acer XF270HBbmiiprzx 144hz 1080p TN - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Coolermaster MK750 - CM Storm Reaper - Logitech G303 - Logitech G502 - Logitech G603

Audio:  Hyperx Cloud Stinger - Samson SR850 - Trust Screamer - Creative Gigaworks T20 II

Just now, 00RaZoR11 said:

Probably, or they're selling their accounts for cheap knowing that they can get them back through game support. A guy who sells accs for 7 dollars is legit (idk if he sells them anymore) and most people who buy from him got banned on gta online.

8 minutes ago, Reem1k said:

Probably, or they're selling their accounts for cheap knowing that they can get them back through game support. A guy who sells accs for 7 dollars is legit (idk if he sells them anymore) and most people who buy from him got banned on gta online.

11 minutes ago, 00RaZoR11 said:

Or there are accounts that have been forced to work, some people do that with Minecraft accounts. I would just buy the game at all price or wait until its on sale just for peace of mind. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

I can only speak to this from a WoW standpoint. The old scam in WoW was that the seller would use exploits to power level a character to 60 (shows how old I am), then drop the character on eBay. Before giving out the password for the account to the buyer, the seller would strip it of all of its equipment, mail out all of its gold (or, for more sophisticated scammers, launder it through the AH). The sellers would frequently try to steal the account back after a few days if the buyer was an idiot and hadn't changed the password yet.

Because the character was leveled using exploits and the account password had changed right around the time it went from logging in from China to logging in from Cleveland, Blizzard would usually catch on to one of the two and ban the account. The seller didn't care because it was no longer their problem, and the buyer had no recourse because the seller had delivered the item promised, and no idiot was going to go complain to Blizzard that the account they had bought was locked out.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

9 minutes ago, fixitnow said:

Or there are accounts that have been forced to work, some people do that with Minecraft accounts. I would just buy the game at all price or wait until its on sale just for peace of mind. 

20 minutes ago, Reem1k said:

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Because the character was leveled using exploits and the account password had changed right around the time it went from logging in from China to logging in from Cleveland, Blizzard would usually catch on to one of the two and ban the account. The seller didn't care because it was no longer their problem, and the buyer had no recourse because the seller had delivered the item promised, and no idiot was going to go complain to Blizzard that the account they had bought was locked out.

That seems like quite an easy strategy. Leaving it to the publisher to take the account back from the buyer.

Seems like there are numerous ways for these guys to exploit the account system. Thanks for your input everyone!