Motherboard bottle neck

I need help!! iv overclocked my fx 6300 cpu to 4.3. its stable! i want to go further is it the motherboard that makes my fx 6300 crash during prime95 i have plenty of volts at +.07

what motherboard? you could break your MOBO if its powerphase doesn't allow for overclocking the CPU 

but you usally need to up the voltage more if you crash, but dont go gover 1.4v. not every CPU acts the same so yours might need more volts then someone else with the same CPU to reach higher clock speeds

1 minute ago, MetallicArcherfish said:

what motherboard? you could break your MOBO if its powerphase doesn't allow for overclocking the CPU 

but you usally need to up the voltage more if you crash, but dont go gover 1.4v 

I have a MSI military class A970 plus im not over 1.4 at +.07 volts im a newbie can you give an honest opinion IDK if it hurts lol I want to lean any opinions?

1 hour ago, Aellis707 said:

I have a MSI military class A970 plus im not over 1.4 at +.07 volts im a newbie can you give an honest opinion IDK if it hurts lol I want to lean any opinions?

no im telling you to up your voltage but dont go past 1.4v, I usually do +.2 at a time but i see more people up it by .5 to make it not take as long

your CPU crashes if it doesn't have enough voltage, it uses more voltage when it runs 100% then when it runs idle. thats why it can crash in the middle of a stress test. usally people test for 24 hours becase the system can crash after its been running for 10 hours. 

1 minute ago, MetallicArcherfish said:

no im telling you to up your voltage but dont go past 1.4v 

your CPU crashes if it doesn't have enough voltage

OK sweet thank you another question for you what if its water cooled can i go to 1.5V? im running a 212 evo.

1 hour ago, Aellis707 said:

OK sweet thank you another question for you what if its water cooled can i go to 1.5V? im running a 212 evo.

no, you dont want to get past 1.4v no matter what you have for cooling its not a heat thing its a too much voltage will kill the CPU becase its not made to stand more than that for long periods of time 

1 minute ago, Aellis707 said:

generally bad to run voltage high if you want the chip to continue functioning

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Just now, Cyracus said:

generally bad to run voltage high if you want the chip to continue functioning

Ok thank you i wanna push this baby to the limit lol do you have any recommendations to at fx 6300 Im at 4.3 MHz at +.06 volts 

3 minutes ago, MetallicArcherfish said:

no, you dont want to get past 1.4v no matter what you have for cooling its not a heat thing its a too much voltage will kill the CPU becase its not made to stand more than that.

Ok thank you bunch man i appreciate the help i guess if its limit is 4.4 GHz i cant get past that other than buying a better CPU!

1 minute ago, Aellis707 said:

Ok thank you i wanna push this baby to the limit lol do you have any recommendations to at fx 6300 Im at 4.3 MHz at +.06 volts 

no experience, all I can do is suggest looking at overclocking guides and check expert reviews on your mobo to make sure it's good

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Just now, Cyracus said:

no experience, all I can do is suggest looking at overclocking guides and check expert reviews on your mobo to make sure it's good

Sweet thanks buddy im a newbie so this is a good start for me thank you! I really apprentice your time! im gonna follow you follow back if you want you seem pretty cool man.

15 minutes ago, MetallicArcherfish said:

no im telling you to up your voltage but dont go past 1.4v, I usually do +.2 at a time but i see more people up it by .5 to make it not take as long

your CPU crashes if it doesn't have enough voltage, it uses more voltage when it runs 100% then when it runs idle. thats why it can crash in the middle of a stress test. usally people test for 24 hours becase the system can crash after its been running for 10 hours. 

WOW thanks thats an eye opener thank you i need to do more than i have been doing i appreciate it brotha follow for a follow back!