Overwatch really isnt that violent

welcome to being a child.  you still live under your parents roof, therefor you get to deal with their rules.

we are not here to try to convince them otherwise.

show them some gameplay and see what they say, otherwise, you're SoL until your 18

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

5 hours ago, Frankenburger said:

The gameplay isn't overly violent, but some of the character bios are fairly messed up, especially Widowmaker's.

http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Widowmaker

jesus i didnt know that. widowmaker is one of the characters i would never want to play(i HATE snipers )

Antipixel  -  First build 

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/wVmqqs

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, RollTime said:

No joke, a few years ago I wanted to buy COD and my parents wouldn't let me, so I wrote this.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h-KsCghbOSXLb3s_fBjuftcIJi_f5SBufjj6e7w85YU/edit?usp=sharing

It's all facts.

thats the thing about living with parents, until you move out, you do what they want.

if you're still living with your parents, odds are, you aren't old enough to buy it yourself, which means you aren't old enough to play it without parental discretion (per the ESRB), which means its up to them. 

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

3 hours ago, Tsuki said:

thats the thing about living with parents, until you move out, you do what they want.

if you're still living with your parents, odds are, you aren't old enough to buy it yourself, which means you aren't old enough to play it without parental discretion (per the ESRB), which means its up to them. 

I agree, but what did that have to do with my post?

it's time

46 minutes ago, RollTime said:

I agree, but what did that have to do with my post?

you wrote up an essay cuz your parents wouldnt let you buy the game you wanted.

(i looked at it, but didnt actually read it cuz giant walls of text)

|Specs in profile|

On 15/11/2017 at 2:34 AM, Flameytail said:

Hey I am trying to get my parents to allow me to get Overwatch but it is "too violent" and "first person shooters desensitize you to violence and you will become a mass murderer" That is ridiculous but I understand why they think that. The instant my parents think of FPS they think of games like CS:GO, GTA5, Assassin creed and Call of duty which I think are terrible games(too violent and realistic and just a bad example for everyone). They think that it is too violent for my younger brother. i have played a lot of paintball, 50 hours of Tanki(dont judge) watched a few rated R movies and countless PG-13 movies(BTW the ESRB rating for Overwatch is teen and the Common sense media rating is 13+)Can I just get a thread of people to convince my parents that it is fine

P.S I did show them the Common sense media page for Overwatch, my mom shut down when it said it was a FPS

Unless you can make them read through articles describing how their views are wrong then there isn't much you can do. Your parents are just people and some people just don't want to change their minds. Violent video games do not cause violent behaviour, this myth has been debunked plenty of times.

I don't know why your parents don't want you playing overwatch though. Maybe they think you're spending too much time on the computer as it is and it's not about the violence at all. Ask them for some gloves and a punching bag for exercise and see how they respond.

8700k @5.0GHz | Maximus X Hero | RAM 32GB @3200MHz CL14 | 1080 TI | SSD 250GB + 2x500GB Raid 0 | Monitor 1440p 165Hz ISP

On 16/11/2017 at 5:19 AM, Flameytail said:

jesus i didnt know that. widowmaker is one of the characters i would never want to play(i HATE snipers )

what? She has the best of booties.

8700k @5.0GHz | Maximus X Hero | RAM 32GB @3200MHz CL14 | 1080 TI | SSD 250GB + 2x500GB Raid 0 | Monitor 1440p 165Hz ISP