Sell Corsair 100iv2 and get Cryorig C1?

Bayfish
Go to solution Solved by Nicnac,

don't think it will make much of a difference. Whats your graphics card? Maybe that's generating lots of heat as well? The fx8350 is known to run quite hot so maybe change radiator placement or get some higher static pressure fans? Either way you will never achieve anything close to a silent system with that processor so you better get used to the fans noise. Maybe get some nice headphones instead and ramp up the fans? Overclocking is onmly going to make matters worse. Maybe leave the side panel open if you have to? helps a lot in hot systems ;) 

I currently own a Corsair 100i v2 - Refurbished. But I keep having lots of issues:

I own an FX8350 @ STOCK (plan to overclock)

The temperatures are really high, like 40-55 degrees just from browsing the internet and watching youtub - and around 70 degrees underload. Fans are at 50% and pump is at 100%. But if I set the fans to default the fans are really loud too;

So is it worth me returning the 100i and getting a refund, then buying an air cooler such as the Cryorig C1 (has to be able to fit in the Corsair Air 240).

wow i didnt know the fx 8350 got that hot, even on water, honestly i dont think your gonna get much better temps its gonna differ a little maybe better or for the worse idk either way not much.

don't think it will make much of a difference. Whats your graphics card? Maybe that's generating lots of heat as well? The fx8350 is known to run quite hot so maybe change radiator placement or get some higher static pressure fans? Either way you will never achieve anything close to a silent system with that processor so you better get used to the fans noise. Maybe get some nice headphones instead and ramp up the fans? Overclocking is onmly going to make matters worse. Maybe leave the side panel open if you have to? helps a lot in hot systems ;) 

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

47 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

A MSI 1060, normally idles around 30 degrees.

Temps seem unusually high. Have you tried reseating your cooler to see if that makes any difference?

What are you using to monitor temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Temps seem unusually high. Have you tried reseating your cooler to see if that makes any difference?

What are you using to monitor temps?

Using open hardware monitor. and reseated and reapplied thermal paste multiple times. All boot up to around 24 degrees idle first time, but any boot ups after that, the idle temps rise to like 45+.

I've been trying to fix this problem for weeks and I'm not sure what's causing the temperatures to rise on the second boot onwards

32 minutes ago, Baifish said:

Using open hardware monitor. and reseated and reapplied thermal paste multiple times. All boot up to around 24 degrees idle first time, but any boot ups after that, the idle temps rise to like 45+.

I've been trying to fix this problem for weeks and I'm not sure what's causing the temperatures to rise on the second boot onwards

Stress Test - 30 mins: CPU Temp: 60 degrees, 100iv2 Temp: 52.8 (pump on performance mode, fans on 45%)

NOTE: THE CPU DID THROTTLE TO 3.4