EA Lootbox reddit response is the most downvoted comment of all time

This is absolute gold, 249k downvotes. Maybe this time someone at EA will listen?

image.png.5afd6879c378ba3cba3acc37da6c6465.png

Oh, wait...

image.png.ab80cce3220022f8e38fc2d5c43aaa0e.png

Incase anyone was wondering, the record holder for most downvotes ever was 24k and the guy literally asked to be downvoted.

Typical.

I do not mind origin, never had issue's with it (less then Steam).

But EA their recent micro transaction based games are .. getting worse.

First SimCity, A SINGLEPLAYER GAME .. needed an ACTIVE internet connection. GG.

Then BF1 not getting content updates .. it is boring as hell ..

Payback multiplayer not being free roam, again deluxe edition gives you more XP/Money or something like that isn't the point of a game to take time? Not to finish it quicker ... lol

EA :

We love the games you publish, but let those poor developers execute their idea without going for the wallet first.

At some point it'll end up like CoD, such a bad reputation that never washes away.

EA F**k off.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

Finally EA gets what they deserve. This micro-transaction stuff has been going on for far too long!

This is a true shame cuz this game looked like it would be pretty decent without the lootbox bullshit.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Almost at 300k now, I'm hoping it gets picked up by some media outlets, would be good to shine more of a spotlight on these kinds of shenanigans

27 minutes ago, Farden said:

Almost at 300k now, I'm hoping it gets picked up by some media outlets, would be good to shine more of a spotlight on these kinds of shenanigans

The Know will eat this up if they haven't done so already

So, 24 hours later and things have happened

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/11/13/ea-cuts-star-wars-battlefront-ii-hero-costs-after-widespread-anger

It would appear they caved and with the post fast approaching a million downvotes, its clear to see why.

That being said, I think its pretty obvious at this point, especially given the rapid u-turn that this was their projected model all along. If I had to guess i'd say they jacked everything up to either just simply try to get away with it or more likely, ride the rage train until it becomes newsworthy so they can flip the switch and be like, "bros, we got you, we heard what you're saying so we made changes like the big EA friends that we are" - No such thing as bad publicity and all that.

Seems legit.

Either way, this shone more light onto the practice of lootboxes which is never a bad thing. They are stupid, they are toxic and they are a scam. 

And apparently they also contribute to this sort of bullshittery:

image.png.301c2de1fe019991e44f710de9fd1bce.png