Does anybody know if a x370 board work for ryzen 2 ?

Considering getting a ryzen 7 1700. I know amd are sticking with am4 socket , but has it been comfirmed yet if an x370 board will work for ryzen 2 ?

• CPU - Ryzen 7 1700 Motherboard - Ax370 gaming k5 RAM - 2x 4gb ddr4 3000mhz T - force vulcan
  • GPU - Gtx 1070 ti founders edition Case - Phanteks enthoo evolv atx tempered glass Storage - 120gb ssd, 1tb hdd PSU - Corsair hx750i Display - Acer xb271hu Cooling - Cryorig h5 universal Keyboard - Logitech mk270 Mouse - Logitech mk270
  • Operating System - Windows 10 home 64 bit

1 minute ago, bAiLeY sMiTh said:

Considering getting a ryzen 7 1700. I know amd are sticking with am4 socket , but has it been comfirmed yet if an x370 board will work for ryzen 2 ?

I'm not sure if it's been confirmed, BUT, they (AMD) has repeatedly announced that they will support the AM4 socket for like 4 years. This means that the new chips should be compatible. 

They may do what Intel did with LGA 2011, the original LGA 2011 (X79) was for Sandy-Bridge E and Ivy-Bridge E and then they came out with LGA 2011-V3 (X99) that was for Haswell-E and Broadwell-E. AMD could call it AM4-V2 or something like that. 

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

How the f.. would anyone know when Ryzen 2 is gonna show up in 2019 or 2020?

We're gonna have Ryzen based on Zen+ cores next year, maybe summer-autumn, and they're gonna be on same sockets, same chipsets.

Most likely you're gonna have Zen2  based processors on socket AM4 also, no reason why they wouldn't work.

The socket supports dual channel ddr4 and 24 pci-e lanes (4 going to chipset) - as long as the Zen 2 based processors don't have something new like DDR6 or HBM2 or pci-e 4.0, they should work on socket AM4.

Yep, it should work, definitely with 12nm, most likely with 7nm.

Generally, X370 board is a must when going with R7 CPU

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

Been said but since the Am4 Chipset is supposed to last through 2020, any Ryzen releases within that time should be compatible, although they may release "refresh" chipsets that had more features, or power delivery.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

31 minutes ago, mariushm said:

How the f.. would anyone know when Ryzen 2 is gonna show up in 2019 or 2020?

We're gonna have Ryzen based on Zen+ cores next year, maybe summer-autumn, and they're gonna be on same sockets, same chipsets.

Most likely you're gonna have Zen2  based processors on socket AM4 also, no reason why they wouldn't work.

The socket supports dual channel ddr4 and 24 pci-e lanes (4 going to chipset) - as long as the Zen 2 based processors don't have something new like DDR6 or HBM2 or pci-e 4.0, they should work on socket AM4.

I heard it was coming out in february 2018

• CPU - Ryzen 7 1700 Motherboard - Ax370 gaming k5 RAM - 2x 4gb ddr4 3000mhz T - force vulcan
  • GPU - Gtx 1070 ti founders edition Case - Phanteks enthoo evolv atx tempered glass Storage - 120gb ssd, 1tb hdd PSU - Corsair hx750i Display - Acer xb271hu Cooling - Cryorig h5 universal Keyboard - Logitech mk270 Mouse - Logitech mk270
  • Operating System - Windows 10 home 64 bit

It's always delays or launches with limited availability. February 2018 easily becomes April-June.

And it's gonna be just Ryzen based on Zen+ cores, not Zen 2.  Basically, a "revised" Zen which should be capable of slightly higher frequencies... pretty much just that. Nothing revolutionary. You'll see maybe being able to overclock to 4.2 .. 4.5 ghz on the highest end Zen+ processors if my predictions are correct.

Zen 2 is supposed to be on different process, moving from 14nm to 12nm (basically tweaked 14nm) or 10nm .... i sincerely doubt they're gonna reach 7nm in 2019-2020... costs too much money to make such big jumps on processes. Ok maybe not reach, because they'll have, just don't think they're going to bother with the Ryzen processors to move them from 14-12nm to 7nm ...

7 nm is supposed to be worked on for IBM and their Power PC processors, if AMD's gonna do something on 7nm it would maybe be the AMD EPYC processors with 64 cores / 128 threads that are rumored. 

See https://www.extremetech.com/computing/250936-globalfoundries-announces-early-7nm-availability-40-improved-performance-14nm-finfet

That’s the news from Saratoga today, where GF announced that its 7nm LP node (LP = Leading Performance) is ready for partners to begin planning their designs. The first customer launches on 7nm LP are expected 12-18 months from now, and GF is promising that it can deliver up to 40 percent improved performance compared with 14nm.

That was in June this year... so you're looking at first products in early 2019, and those early products are not gonna be complex things like processors.

Yes ryzen 2 will work on x370 rumors even suggest that x470 will come out 2 months after ryzen 2