Best microphone for 50$ +-

Tauwer

Hi guys,

i`m looking for a michrophone under 50 $, 

i saw these: 

1: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073VJV1RH/ref=twister_B071WP5DJN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HTMA69Q/ref=twister_B076H3Y3XX?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

some videos included these, i wouldnt mind something with xlr so i can upgrade with a dac and then a better mic 

any tips? or better mics?

ty in advance

Just now, ImHyperstyle said:

neewer isn't very good btw the other one idk though

okay ty for the feedback, wasn`t going to go for the neewer i think

6 minutes ago, ImHyperstyle said:

neewer isn't very good btw the other one idk though

If you want to use either of them you need a Audio Interface for the phantom power which will run you at least 100 bucks.Most XLR mics require this

Just get a blue yeti

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

If you want to use either of them you need a Audio Interface for the phantom power which will run you at least 100 bucks.Most XLR mics require this

Just get a blue yeti

the phantom power will power it and provide an xlr to 3.5 mm jack

1 minute ago, Tauwer said:

the phantom power will power it

You will need a Audio interface to power it.Phantom Power does not come from the PC. 3.5mm jacks can only power up to 5v

My life

eh? i was going to buy the 40 dollar kit which includes a wall brick for the phantom power that works right?

In general, the phantom power kits are garbage.  A Behringer UMC-22 would provide Phantom power, as well as a reasonably good quality Midas preamp for the mic, for about $40US.  I generally hate Behringer gear... but for the price you really can't do any better.  Buying Midas was the best business move they've ever made.

That's your interface... way more functionality than the power injector for the same price.  

1 minute ago, csanders said:

In general, the phantom power kits are garbage.  A Behringer UMC-22 would provide Phantom power, as well as a reasonably good quality Midas preamp for the mic, for about $40US.  I generally hate Behringer gear... but for the price you really can't do any better.  Buying Midas was the best business move they've ever made.

That's your interface... way more functionality than the power injector for the same price.  

can you send me a link?

https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UMC22-BEHRINGER-U-PHORIA/dp/B00FFIGZF6

Check around on youtube for some demos of it.  There's even some examples of the Neewer mic you listed running through this and it doesn't sound half bad.

If I may ask, what are you planning to use the mic for?  Just voice-over/podcast type stuff, for instrument recording, for streaming, etc?

Also, don't confuse the UMC-22 with the UM-2.  Vastly different interface there.  The UMC has the Midas preamps, where the UM has Behringer's old nasty preamps that are noisy as hell.

tbh its for discord, ts and such. though i would like to pick up streaming. and ive had 2 simple clip on mics and they both broke very quickly. so i`d preffer to have something tougher

This guy does a fair number of reviews of inexpensive mics and interfaces.  Here's some coverage of the UMC-22.  Check out some of his other stuff, as he has tons of samples.

Really, for Discord/teamspeak... I'd probably go with a headset mic to help cut out background noise.  A ModMic would be fantastic for that application, assuming you're already wearing headphones.

Otherwise, just about any decent mic through a decent interface would be more than enough coverage and clarity.  (alternatively, a Yeti or Snowball would do the job and be USB).

Work Desktop: Dell Precision 5810 | Intel Xeon E5-1607 v4 | 8GB 2400 MHz ECC DDR4 | AMD FirePro w5100 4GB GDDR5

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" | Intel i7-4870HQ | 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 | Nividia GeForce GT 750M 2GB GDDR5

Our ModMic may also fit your needs surprisingly well, if you really want to go XLR you should certainly start by watching Podcastage's stuff (the video @csanders linked above). It depends on what your goal is. If you really want to get into professional stuff you're likely going to replace a "50 dollar" mic pretty quickly after you upgrade to a mixer/amp setup, so personally I wouldn't fret over XLR at this stage. When you're ready to upgrade your audio setup do it all at once and give yourself plenty of time to research. Otherwise you'll get a cheap bit now and a cheap bit later and have to keep replacing things.

For 50 bucks you can get a decent mic, ours, the Snowball, as two options stated here. That will serve you really well for a long time and let you decide if you really need to go bigger.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2017 at 6:18 PM, AAJoe said:

Our ModMic may also fit your needs surprisingly well, if you really want to go XLR you should certainly start by watching Podcastage's stuff (the video @csanders linked above). It depends on what your goal is. If you really want to get into professional stuff you're likely going to replace a "50 dollar" mic pretty quickly after you upgrade to a mixer/amp setup, so personally I wouldn't fret over XLR at this stage. When you're ready to upgrade your audio setup do it all at once and give yourself plenty of time to research. Otherwise you'll get a cheap bit now and a cheap bit later and have to keep replacing things.

For 50 bucks you can get a decent mic, ours, the Snowball, as two options stated here. That will serve you really well for a long time and let you decide if you really need to go bigger.

i found a logitech g35 headset to fullfill my full needs of a new headphone and a new mic (: