No internet after win10 install

FreshKD21

So i just installed win10 on my pc but i dont have a internet connection, i unplugged my ethernet cable and restartet my router, didnt work. I tried to troubleshoot it with windows and it told me that im missing a networkadapter driver, where do i get it from?

You get it from the manufacturers website from your motherboard.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, FreshKD21 said:

So i just installed win10 on my pc but i dont have a internet connection, i unplugged my ethernet cable and restartet my router, didnt work. I tried to troubleshoot it with windows and it told me that im missing a networkadapter driver, where do i get it from?

FTW instructions: uninstall windows and install Ubuntu lol.

To answer your question. Check in device manager for any yellow square icons. That usually means your missing a driver. It should be under network adapters or something similar. If it's missing you will need to install it. Download it off the internet from a working computer onto a usb than install.

3 minutes ago, Pachuca said:

FTW instructions: uninstall windows and install Ubuntu lol.

To answer your question. Check in device manager for any yellow square icons. That usually means your missing a driver. It should be under network adapters or something similar. If it's missing you will need to install it. Download it off the internet from a working computer onto a usb than install.

The problem is, i already searched for the networkadapter in my device manager and there is no such yellow square and all 8 wan miniports (those are shown nothing else) are up to date as i tried updating those threw windows.

1510174494576-556208336.jpg

3 minutes ago, FreshKD21 said:

The problem is, i already searched for the networkadapter in my device manager and there is no such yellow square and all 8 wan miniports (those are shown nothing else) are up to date as i tried updating those threw windows.

1510174494576-556208336.jpg

try resetting the network adapter... see if this helps https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Resetting_Network_Adapter_(Winsock_Reset) 

7 minutes ago, Pachuca said:

if that doesn't work than reinstall the driver.

for which of those 8 WAN thingies do i need to reinstall the driver?

Edit: My networkadapter disappered from the device manager??

Edited by FreshKD21

4 minutes ago, FreshKD21 said:

for which of those 8 WAN thingies do i need to reinstall the driver?

Edit: My networkadapter disappered from the device manager??

restart and check again also check for yellow triangles. 

edit: also download the driver in the mean time. You can than go to device manager click Action > check for new hardware. 

1 minute ago, Pachuca said:

restart and check again also check for yellow triangles. 

networkadapter still gone, and no yellow triangles to be seen

1 minute ago, FreshKD21 said:

If it's still not showing up, check in bios for your networking hardware. If you find it in BIOS than your hardware is fine, also make sure you have the latest bios installed. 

9 minutes ago, FreshKD21 said:

can you post your hardware specs pls? 

2 minutes ago, Pachuca said:

any update?

one moment, im trying to download a driver from msi

15 minutes ago, Pachuca said:

can you post your hardware specs pls? 

while going threw my device manager and looking for my graphicscard i noticed there was no 'r9 200 Graphics' as its supposed to be, could it be that all of my drivers are gone?

The "WAN miniports" are virtual adapters created by Windows, they're not related to your hardware Ethernet controller.

Try scanning for new hardware in device manager:

image.png.061e50ae3259d25fc44b1c4219c3f057.png

If it still does't show up: check the BIOS and make sure that the network controller is enabled.

Main Linux rig: HP Elitebook 2560P (i5-2410M, 8 GB, Pop! OS)

Living room/couch gaming rig: AMD 5800X, Asus TUF Radeon 6900 XT, 32 GB, 65" LG C1 OLED

Home server and internet gateway: Dell Optiplex 3040 MFF (i5-6500T, 16 GB, Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS)

Phone: Asus Zenfone 10

20 minutes ago, Just.Oblivious said:

The "WAN miniports" are virtual adapters created by Windows, they're not related to your hardware Ethernet controller.

Try scanning for new hardware in device manager:

image.png.061e50ae3259d25fc44b1c4219c3f057.png

If it still does't show up: check the BIOS and make sure that the network controller is enabled.

Where do i enable the controller in this BIOS?

1510178659284282791043.jpg

1 hour ago, FreshKD21 said:

Where do i enable the controller in this BIOS?

Switch to advanced mode first (F7).

I don't know this exact BIOS, just browse through the menu's until you see the option :) 

Main Linux rig: HP Elitebook 2560P (i5-2410M, 8 GB, Pop! OS)

Living room/couch gaming rig: AMD 5800X, Asus TUF Radeon 6900 XT, 32 GB, 65" LG C1 OLED

Home server and internet gateway: Dell Optiplex 3040 MFF (i5-6500T, 16 GB, Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS)

Phone: Asus Zenfone 10

12 minutes ago, Just.Oblivious said:

I don't know this exact BIOS, just browse through the menu's until you see the option :) 

same, haven't used MSI BIOS in a while. Try checking  LAN option ROM. You'll have to browse it yourself.

edit: if you don't feel like dealing with this stuff the other option still is to switch to Ubuntu :) lol

3 hours ago, Just.Oblivious said:

3 hours ago, Pachuca said:

same, haven't used MSI BIOS in a while. Try checking  LAN option ROM. You'll have to browse it yourself.

edit: if you don't feel like dealing with this stuff the other option still is to switch to Ubuntu :) lol

Thanks guys for helping! It was kind of easy to solve, i installed my radeon crimson driver from my HDD and suddenly my internet and everything else worked. I dont know why but radeon crimson software seems to cure anything :D:) 

On 11/8/2017 at 9:32 PM, FreshKD21 said:

Thanks guys for helping! It was kind of easy to solve, i installed my radeon crimson driver from my HDD and suddenly my internet and everything else worked. I dont know why but radeon crimson software seems to cure anything :D:) 

Radeon FTW! High five! Glad to hear you solved it.