BenQ - XL2411 or Acer gn246hl

Jaok
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
1 minute ago, Jok1234 said:

Which one  should I get for conoetitive games like csgo?

Neither are recommended honestly... What region are you in, and what are the prices like?

Which one  should I get for conoetitive games like csgo?

5 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Neither are recommended honestly... What region are you in, and what are the prices like?

I'm in Europe and the prices aren't that high. Most of the 144 hz monitors are around 190€ up to few hundred euros.

Just now, Jok1234 said:

I'm in Europe and the prices aren't that high. Most of the 144 hz monitors are around 190€ up to few hundred euros.

Both of them are older models and don't have DisplayPort which limits their flexibility a lot. The ViewSonic XG2401 or the AOC G2460PF would be better choices IMO.

11 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Thing is though, for 144Hz 1080P dual link DVI is just as good as DisplayPort since both are capable of it.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

Thing is though, for 144Hz 1080P dual link DVI is just as good as DisplayPort since both are capable of it.

Yes, I'm just saying it limits flexibility. The only way to connect to those monitors is to have a Dual-Link DVI port or a $100 DisplayPort to DL-DVI converter. Standard adapters will not work. Which means if you have a laptop, you can't get 144 Hz on it. If you have a newer graphics card with no DVI ports, or get one in the future, you can't get 144 Hz on it. If you want to upgrade to dual monitors and want to get the same one so they match, but your graphics card doesn't have two DVI ports, you won't be able to get 144 Hz on it. Unless you're willing to buy a $100 DisplayPort converter, when instead you could have spent an extra $20-30 at most to get a monitor with DisplayPort in the first place.

There's just no reason to buy the XL2411Z or GN246HL in this day and age unless they are on super discount. There are almost always newer alternatives around the same price with fewer limitations.

3 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Yes, I'm just saying it limits flexibility. The only way to connect to those monitors is to have a Dual-Link DVI port or a $100 DisplayPort to DL-DVI converter. Standard adapters will not work. Which means if you have a laptop, you can't get 144 Hz on it. If you have a newer graphics card with no DVI ports, or get one in the future, you can't get 144 Hz on it. If you want to upgrade to dual monitors and want to get the same one so they match, but your graphics card doesn't have two DVI ports, you won't be able to get 144 Hz on it. Unless you're willing to buy a $100 DisplayPort converter, when instead you could have spent an extra $20-30 at most to get a monitor with DisplayPort in the first place.

There's just no reason to buy the XL2411Z or GN246HL in this day and age unless they are on super discount. There are almost always newer alternatives around the same price with fewer limitations.

That's true, I just actively look for GPUs with DVI to combat that, but since 1080Tis have none by default this is fair.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

• 1 year later...

I am Currently comparing the BENQ XL2411 VS ACER KG241QP and there isnt much comparison online even googling this comparioson brought me here ?? . hoping someone can guide me the right way