Ryzen 5 1600, MSI b350m, g.skill trident z ram. OC problems

Fisker

Hi,

I'm running in to some troubles with overclocking my Ryzen 1600, and med G.skill trident z 16 gb 3000 mhz ram.
I can get my cpu at 3.75@1.325v with no problems (3.8 requires 1.425v...) and get my ram at 3000 mhz @ 1.36v. But nearly after every shutdown my PC won't boot and after 3 times (what i set ram test too) the ram resets to  2133 mhz, and i have to go into the bios and restart the PC again @ 3000 mhz. and the PC will then boot. I have tried setting the spped to 2800, and i get the same results. I am now testing at 2667 mhz. 

After the boot tho, the cpu is only at 3.4 ghz in windows, without having change it in the bios. I can then reboot into the bios out, see the cpu is set to 3.75 and then reboot and i got my ram speed at 3000 or 2800 (depends what is set it to) and my cpu at 3.75. 

To summaries:
Wont boot -> ram at 2133 -> bios ram at 3000 -> reboot -> in windows cpu at 3.4 -> reboot into bios -> cpu at 3.75 in bios ->  reboot into windows -> all is now good.

Can anyone help me what to do here? do i have a maybe have a faulty motherboard? My temps are fine and when booted the system runs fine both in normal use, and synthetics like aida64 (4h test)

I have a MSI b350m arctic motar with the lates bios 

Any ideas?

I don't want to be a bringer of bad news but currently there have been a lot of issues with overclocking the Ryzen chips and also overclocking the ram. While there may be a solution to your problem it is likely that your motherboard has software bugs (all new motherboards have bugs at this point) and you may just have to wait for your motherboard manufacturer to release new BIOS updates.

classic msi mobo thingies

pray for a bios update

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

I thought that was the case. i'll wait a couple off month more, or try change the mobo in the new year if there is still problems..