what this line means in JavaScript? Please help

I want to know what actually the below line means. Is it a array or we  are creating an Object.

document.getElementById("status").options[1]=new Option("OPEN","open");

I used it for dynamic drop down list

So the document.getElementById part grabs your dynamic drop down list, I assume you gave it the label "status".

The .option[1] following that gets the Option at the array index '1'

And then the new Option("OPEN","open") is a constructor in javascript that creates a new option with the text "OPEN" and the value "open"

So to sum it up you replaced, or created the option at the array position '1' (remember we count from 0) in your drop down list which will show up as OPEN in your list but it will have the value "open"

31 minutes ago, Vinod Bahadur Thapa said:

I want to know what actually the below line means. Is it a array or we  are creating an Object.

I used it for dynamic drop down list

document.getElementById("status")    // find the element with the div ID="status"

.options[1]=new Option("OPEN","open"); // will create a new option (in your array) on position 1 (technically position 2, since it starts to 
//count from 0) with the text "OPEN" and the value "open" as a chain.  if there was a variable there, its been replaced by that.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004