Monitor or Xbox One X

TheMoInMo

So everyone, I have a third Asus PG248Q on order, but am tempted to return it when it gets here and get an Xbox One X instead. I have a PS4 Pro, a regular Xbox One, and my PC, which is running an i7 3930k, and a 1080ti. I am just wondering what you think would be a better experience, a new 4K capable Xbox, or a third monitor for a new triple wide setup?

Thanks

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3  Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero RAM: 4x 8gb Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600MHz PSU: 1200W Maingear 80+ Platinum Case: Lian Li O-11 Dynamic XL CPU Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II Monitor: Alienware AW3418DW Keyboard: Fnatic Streak Mini Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate Sound: Sennheiser HD 700

first of all why would care for a xbox one x when you have a 1080ti; the only half decent game, crack down 3 is going to run 30 fps on the xbox one x anyway so you're in a shit stick either way (and most other "exclusives" can be brought in the windows store such as halo wars 2 and gears of war 4)

my opinion of the xbox one aside; the monitor would be a better investment and/or a Nintendo switch, this little bad boy has barely been out a year and it already has a ton of exclusives to try out and a lot of pc games are being ported to this handheld and it feels really great

1 minute ago, videogamesmakemehappy said:

Elon musk much?

god damn i wish i had money like this kid does; wouldn't have to make comprises

17 minutes ago, General Winter said:

god damn i wish i had money like this kid does; wouldn't have to make comprises

Quite an impressive array of assumptions here...

CPU || Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz  Motherboard || ROG Strix B450F  RAM || 16GB TridentZ 3600 B-Die  GPU || ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti  Case || Thermaltake V71 RGB  Storage || Intel 760p 240GB + Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K70  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, Purgent said:

Quite an impressive array of assumptions here...

literally everything he has is top of line which isn't cheap at all, even for an enthusiast thats a lot money

it took me two years to save up for my build which is fraction of a good 1080ti build let alone $500+ monitor to take advantage of that power

also he is bragging quite a bit since he names everything he has, thats easily almost $5K worth of stuff just going what he just mentioned not including the games he has spent money on

i doubt im assuming when i say he has WAY more money to spare then either of us or both of us combined

Honestly, the monitor.

The Xbox One X is an impressive console from a strictly hardware perspective.

But its main problem is that it has a very limited selection of exclusives. If you already own a kick-ass gaming PC, most of your multiplatform games would already be for PC, so that leaves exclusives. That's where the PS4 wins without a doubt.

The Xbox One X is more powerful than the PS4 Pro, but what can you play on it that you already can't on your rig? A lot of Xbox exclusives are also making their way on PC.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

6 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

The Xbox One X is more powerful than the PS4 Pro, but what can you play on it that you already can't on your rig? A lot of Xbox exclusives are also making their way on PC.

All because Microsoft wants to connect all their devices together. *Sigh*  

I would only Say Xbox One x if you Mainly game on Console but I doubt it so better off with the monitor.

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

8 hours ago, General Winter said:

literally everything he has is top of line which isn't cheap at all, even for an enthusiast thats a lot money

it took me two years to save up for my build which is fraction of a good 1080ti build let alone $500+ monitor to take advantage of that power

also he is bragging quite a bit since he names everything he has, thats easily almost $5K worth of stuff just going what he just mentioned not including the games he has spent money on

i doubt im assuming when i say he has WAY more money to spare then either of us or both of us combined

Well, I don’t have a whole bunch of money just lying around. I just have made good decisions so far. Like I am making about a thousand bucks a semester from my scholarships while going to school for free since I had good enough grades, ACT scores, and did enough community service. I just happen to live at home still, and I have two jobs, so I really don’t have any expenses. Plus if you really search hard enough, you can get some banging deals on Craigslist. I got my 3930k, rampage of extreme, 16gb of Corsair vengeance, and a 780 for 500 bucks two years ago when I built my computer. And one of my monitors I got secondhand for 150.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3  Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero RAM: 4x 8gb Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600MHz PSU: 1200W Maingear 80+ Platinum Case: Lian Li O-11 Dynamic XL CPU Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II Monitor: Alienware AW3418DW Keyboard: Fnatic Streak Mini Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate Sound: Sennheiser HD 700

8 hours ago, TheMoInMo said:

So everyone, I have a third Asus PG248Q on order, but am tempted to return it when it gets here and get an Xbox One X instead. I have a PS4 Pro, a regular Xbox One, and my PC, which is running an i7 3930k, and a 1080ti. I am just wondering what you think would be a better experience, a new 4K capable Xbox, or a third monitor for a new triple wide setup?

Thanks

8 hours ago, General Winter said:

On Topic: i would say if you play your xbox one a lot now then go for the xbox one X. If you use your computer a lot more and are times you frequently need room and wish you had a 3rd monitor go for that.  Personally i play xbox cause my fiends do and are not big into PC gaming so i think i might splurge for the Xbox one X. i have 2 moinitors and only 30% of the time ever truly use both productively where a third would be wasted on me so i would get more use out of the xbox. 

Off topic:

as Someone who has a two bedroom apartment and a second room is used just for my Tech Stuff  i wouldn't say you need to be Loaded or rich. Just different prioritizes and such.

And also many people spend money they shouldn't or do not really have on items through CC's America is terrible with this.  $5k of stuff sounds like a lot But  if you make 50,000 a year and say over the course of the 3 years save up 3% of your income so every $100 you save just 3 for spending on tech you could have everything he aquired in 3 years. Picked that as the I7 and xbox and such are a few years old. 

Though Clicking his profile half way through my thought hes in HS so its probably like you said Family probably has money to be just handing there kid 5 grand. But that shouldn't take away from what i said if you really want to get top Spec items Its not as crazy as it sounds. Still not the easiest but its not unattainable if you really want it.

In in my first year of college, and my parents have never paid for any of this stuff. They think I am wasting my money by buying computer and gaming stuff. I wish they paid for my stuff

3 hours ago, TheMoInMo said:

In in my first year of college, and my parents have never paid for any of this stuff. They think I am wasting my money by buying computer and gaming stuff. I wish they paid for my stuff

You are sorta wasting money with all the redundant gaming stuff, in my opinion.  With a top-tier gaming PC, the only reason to buy any console at all is if there are specific exclusive games you want to play on it.  That list is short enough for me that it's not worth the money for the console+accessories+games.  Just keep upgrading your PC setup, add VR, etc etc.  Consoles are for people that don't know any better.

3 hours ago, Vantage9 said:

You are sorta wasting money with all the redundant gaming stuff, in my opinion.  With a top-tier gaming PC, the only reason to buy any console at all is if there are specific exclusive games you want to play on it.  That list is short enough for me that it's not worth the money for the console+accessories+games.  Just keep upgrading your PC setup, add VR, etc etc.  Consoles are for people that don't know any better.

I still have consoles for COD, and then to play with my friends that don’t want to get  computers