The best capture card for streaming console on OBS?

Hi, I've been wanting a capture card for a while, I've been thinking of getting the avermedia live gamer hd but I'm not sure if that would work with OBS or not and I'm wondering if there is a better capture card for less or anything like that. Thank you

CPU: some amd thing Motherboard: its black RAM: its memory thats for sure GPU: r7 260x Case: corsair spec 01 Storage: 1tb of it PSU: 430w, so many watts

Display: its asus Cooling: fans Keyboard: logitech g710+ #browns4lyfe Mouse: its a logitech Sound: its what you hear Operating System: winders  

I'm using a Avermedia extreme cap u3 and works fine for 720p60. If i try 1080 i get pretty annoying flickering. Can't really recommend it unless you get it cheap (mine cost 30€).

Do you want a usb capture card or a pcie?

14 minutes ago, SpiffyLeBoom said:

I'm using a Avermedia extreme cap u3 and works fine for 720p60. If i try 1080 i get pretty annoying flickering. Can't really recommend it unless you get it cheap (mine cost 30€).

Do you want a usb capture card or a pcie?

Probably pcie, I'm not sure how usb ones work

CPU: some amd thing Motherboard: its black RAM: its memory thats for sure GPU: r7 260x Case: corsair spec 01 Storage: 1tb of it PSU: 430w, so many watts

Display: its asus Cooling: fans Keyboard: logitech g710+ #browns4lyfe Mouse: its a logitech Sound: its what you hear Operating System: winders  

Basically you just stick it into an usb port and it shows up. Not much difference between usb and pcie in terms of what they can do aside from handling a higher bandwidth. My next capture card will be pci-e though since I need something that handles 1440p (so I can just clone the display instead of having to run obs on my gaming pc and my streaming pc :P 

23 minutes ago, SpiffyLeBoom said:

Basically you just stick it into an usb port and it shows up. Not much difference between usb and pcie in terms of what they can do aside from handling a higher bandwidth. My next capture card will be pci-e though since I need something that handles 1440p (so I can just clone the display instead of having to run obs on my gaming pc and my streaming pc :P 

Is there any extra latency?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-11-07 at 1:03 AM, The Dragon said:

Is there any extra latency?

some slight latency perhaps, but that might be due to my streaming pc being fairly weak