What gaming mouse should I get?

Jos0109
Go to solution Solved by DarkSmith2,
46 minutes ago, Nytrite said:

Thanks for the pro-tip, when's the earliest possible date that supposedly fixes the bad mousewheel?

Everything build in 2017 should definitely be fine (ofc with some outliers), also not everyone had this issue from begin with so you still have a chance to get an older revision with no problems.  

But you should always grab the "freshest" build you can get if you can choose, just because Logitech works on how to produce better and make the product better / with less RNG to Quality Control and (pre)fixes for common issues. 

I made the experience that most issues with the newer logitech mice since g303 are DIY fixable if there is nothing wrong with f.e. the coating or something.

But its far from the good old Logitech where a Mouse lasted 10years :D But they also got cheaper in general.

Edit:
Ah some things to mention, which Logitech should think of working on.

Cable is pretty thick they made it thinner then the g303 cable but only a little. (maybe replace it with ceeza mod) 

Mousefeet weither on GPRO or G403 both suck. Have both mice, get ready to buy new mousefeets if its important to you.

Sidebuttons on the G403 are springy and little thin plastic they feel a little cheap but they do work flawlessly for me.

On the G403 a common thing is to have a scratch on the bottom side of the mouse from the upper left through the Sensor'ish section, its not a crack just a scratch but looks weird :D 

I had them all. G303, G403 and GPRO.

My rating is as follows:

G403 > G303 > GPRO

G303 had the strange diamond shape you could get used to, mine died to the curse of the double click bug, (thick cable good mousefeet)

GPRO has a very low LoD and whiggles when moving fast. Making the mouse inaccurate, also have a coating issue. (thick cable bad mousefeet)

G403 is kinda Deathadder fake mouse but works with the least flaws if some at all. (thick cable bad mousefeet)

Hi there,

I'm planning on buying a new gaming mouse but I don't know which one I should get. I play League of Legends and Overwatch. 

I would like some side buttons for League of Legends and for it to be light for Overwatch as I play Overwatch on low sensitivity. I play with a Palm and Fingertip Hybrid grip and my hand is 18 cm long. €80 budget. I'm right handed and I don't care about it being ambidextrous. I also don't care about rgb lights. 

With this information what mouse would you recommend? 

budget?
grip type?

left/right hand?

do you care about it being ambidextrous? 

do you give a shit about rgb/lights

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Logitech G403 Wireless / G703 

best mice

Zowie makes lots of mice. Most have few buttons, but they make lots of shapes for different hand sizes.

I used to be quite active here.

Corsair M65 Pro

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

4 minutes ago, themctipers said:

budget?
grip type?

left/right hand?

do you care about it being ambidextrous? 

do you give a shit about rgb/lights

I edited my post to respond to all your questions :)

I love my Logitech G9X but it's a tad expensive since they don't manufacture it anymore.

Space is pretty awesome.

13 hours ago, L.Lawliet said:

-Corsair Scimitar had lot of side button

-Mionix Castor

-Logitech G403 

-Fnatic Flick G1

-Dream Pro DM1 s

I'm not OP but may I ask why no Deathadder Elite (or Naga Hex V2)? I'm on the same situation as him but I don't want to clog the forum with more identical posts.

I'm currently debating between Logitech G403 (is this the same as the one with Prodigy?), Corsair Scimitar (although there's too many buttons for my taste), Razer Deathadder Elite, and the Razer Naga Hex V2. I'm generally leaning towards the G403, Naga HV2 and Deathadder.

I've read a lot of reviews but I haven't heard much about their build quality. 

EDIT: I'm more of a LoL player.

34 minutes ago, Nytrite said:

I'm not OP but may I ask why no Deathadder Elite (or Naga Hex V2)? I'm on the same situation as him but I don't want to clog the forum with more identical posts.

I'm currently debating between Logitech G403 (is this the same as the one with Prodigy?), Corsair Scimitar (although there's too many buttons for my taste), Razer Deathadder Elite, and the Razer Naga Hex V2. I'm generally leaning towards the G403, Naga HV2 and Deathadder.

I've read a lot of reviews but I haven't heard much about their build quality. 

EDIT: I'm more of a LoL player.

No Razer because Synapse sucks.

Bought G403 wired, happy with it. there are some bugs to earlier revisions though. Bad mousewheel (rattling) or buttons which could trigger multiple times and stuff.

Protip:

You should buy any Logitech Mouse in a store and see when it was build, before buying.

The first 4numbers on the S/N does tell you when it was build. f.e. S/N: 1727XXXXXXXX means 27th week of 2017.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

1 hour ago, DarkSmith2 said:

No Razer because Synapse sucks.

Bought G403 wired, happy with it. there are some bugs to earlier revisions though. Bad mousewheel (rattling) or buttons which could trigger multiple times and stuff.

Protip:

You should buy any Logitech Mouse in a store and see when it was build, before buying.

The first 4numbers on the S/N does tell you when it was build. f.e. S/N: 1727XXXXXXXX means 27th week of 2017.

Thanks for the pro-tip, when's the earliest possible date that supposedly fixes the bad mousewheel?

33 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Yes it its G403 prodiy use PWM 3366 sensor which is great btw for fps or any other games its the best all around sensor and the G102/G203 prodigy use cheaper mercury sensor which still pretty good.
And The G PRO which shaped similar like the G102/G203 but use 3366 sensor.

Deathadder elite use custom made pmw3389-t3qu sensor..i didnt recommend deathadder because razer QC is garbage but is that a good mouse? no its a great mouse especially for FPS @Aytex the mice freak would agree on this

I dont have the experience with Naga HV2 so cant help u with that..

If u are an FPS gamer The pwm 3310 sensor is still popular even some esport player prefer that over 3366, the mouse i mentioned above like castor and the flick g1 uses 3310 sensor.

But if u want all around sensor that will perform great on every games the PWM 3366 sensor will suit u..mouse that use 3366 sensor is G303,G502,G903,Logitech G Pro,Logitech G403 Wired/wireless and the new G703 Powerplay

Awesome! I might just start my own thread soon so that I could get more responses.

Again I'm sorry OP for "spamming" in your thread. Hope you find your mouse!

46 minutes ago, Nytrite said:

Everything build in 2017 should definitely be fine (ofc with some outliers), also not everyone had this issue from begin with so you still have a chance to get an older revision with no problems.  

But you should always grab the "freshest" build you can get if you can choose, just because Logitech works on how to produce better and make the product better / with less RNG to Quality Control and (pre)fixes for common issues. 

I made the experience that most issues with the newer logitech mice since g303 are DIY fixable if there is nothing wrong with f.e. the coating or something.

But its far from the good old Logitech where a Mouse lasted 10years :D But they also got cheaper in general.

Edit:
Ah some things to mention, which Logitech should think of working on.

Cable is pretty thick they made it thinner then the g303 cable but only a little. (maybe replace it with ceeza mod) 

Mousefeet weither on GPRO or G403 both suck. Have both mice, get ready to buy new mousefeets if its important to you.

Sidebuttons on the G403 are springy and little thin plastic they feel a little cheap but they do work flawlessly for me.

On the G403 a common thing is to have a scratch on the bottom side of the mouse from the upper left through the Sensor'ish section, its not a crack just a scratch but looks weird :D 

I had them all. G303, G403 and GPRO.

My rating is as follows:

G403 > G303 > GPRO

G303 had the strange diamond shape you could get used to, mine died to the curse of the double click bug, (thick cable good mousefeet)

GPRO has a very low LoD and whiggles when moving fast. Making the mouse inaccurate, also have a coating issue. (thick cable bad mousefeet)

G403 is kinda Deathadder fake mouse but works with the least flaws if some at all. (thick cable bad mousefeet)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

On 11/6/2017 at 12:07 PM, Nytrite said:

Again I'm sorry OP for "spamming" in your thread. Hope you find your mouse!

I ordered the G403 in the end and I must say that I'm very happy with the mouse. No flaws till now.  Btw, you 'spamming' in 'my' thread isn't a problem at all. I think of 'my' thread as a way for people to initiate a discussion. :) 

52 minutes ago, Jos0109 said:

I ordered the G403 in the end and I must say that I'm very happy with the mouse. No flaws till now.  Btw, you 'spamming' in 'my' thread isn't a problem at all. I think of 'my' thread as a way for people to initiate a discussion. :) 

How is it with LoL? I'm a bit skeptical on buying a mouse with too many buttons (I find the Corsair Scimitar not THAT appealing).

On 11/5/2017 at 3:05 PM, Himommies said:

MX master

MX Master Race!

MX Master = Work mouse

MX Anywhere 2 = Travel Mouse

G502 = Gaming Mouse